• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry at Lincoln Park Seattle this Sat July25

DEROS72

imported post

I think Seattleric007 is looking for so sort of justification because I said no such thing regarding Daves comments at the willow lake meeting and I am pretty pissed he would involk my name as doing so.He had better delete it because i have little tolerance for liars and aspineless a$$ looking for a pat on the head.

Besides anyone knows I never ask police or anyone else if I can carry my sidearm.Anywhere....

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

deanf wrote:
Mike Cheney of "Citizens of Seattle for the 2nd Amendment", got the ok from Seattle Police Dept.

Why?
He didn't get the okay. He merely advised them that we'd be there in case there were any MWAG calls. In any case, the police lieutenant he spoke with was very supportive.

ETA: And DEROS72 is right. He didn't say anything It was all me... after stumbling onto the topic.

Machoduck

imported post

Bookman was correct when he stated that Dave Workman said somebody intended to open carry at Bite of Seattle, regardless of the law. Dave said this in the context of people thinking that the right to carry was absolute and that it isn't. However, he never said who this was (that I heard - transport aircraft were taking off from SEA repeatedly and Dave didn't wait for their noise to subside before continuing.)

Deros, I haven't gotten the idea that seattleric007 is looking for any special attention for his activities or efforts. What he has done is to post his intentions and his motives for our mutual benefit (and got no replies until after the event.) Thanks to you and Bookman for attending. Misunderstandings happen, especially attribution when several people are talking.

My apologies for not supporting you today, seattleric. Maybe next time.

MD

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Bookman was correct when he stated that Dave Workman said somebody intended to open carry at Bite of Seattle, regardless of the law. Dave said this in the context of people thinking that the right to carry was absolute and that it isn't. However, he never said who this was (that I heard - transport aircraft were taking off from SEA repeatedly and Dave didn't wait for their noise to subside before continuing.)

Deros, I haven't gotten the idea that seattleric007 is looking for any special attention for his activities or efforts. What he has done is to post his intentions and his motives for our mutual benefit (and got no replies until after the event.) Thanks to you and Bookman for attending. Misunderstandings happen, especially attribution when several people are talking.

My apologies for not supporting you today, seattleric. Maybe next time.

MD

I didn't know it was Seattleric007 either until he identified himself as the organizer in question. After speaking to him about it it sounds like he and Dave were at either end of a string of people and the message was garbled in transmission.

Manu

imported post

To my knowledge guns were ban on that event. So, how you can manage to organise OC gathering on that event? I am in impression that you were thinking of that, when you found weapons are not allowed in that event you droped idea.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

If he meant at bite of Seattle I agree if he meant in general, I wouldn't the law is the law. If I go to a public park I will open carry. That is my normal method of carry and it is legally protected by the state.

Manu

imported post

Anyways weapons were banned at seattle bite fest. So there is no question of carrying there, even OP said that he quit the idea of coordinating OC gathering at the event. So I am trying to understand If we do OC meeting at a park or other legal places where carrying weapon is allowed, whats the problem in that.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

None Paji, its just that some don't "want to make waves". If its legal and you want to do it than do it. Of course we use prudence and common sense.

Its like a breast feeding mother who wants to feed in her infant in public, it's legal its her choice. Would another breast feeding mother who doesn't like feeding in public have the right to tell her not to because it could harm the breast feeding cause?

Just some food for thought.

Sometimes that's how I feel that the pro CC'ers are like this. We need to unite and support all methods of carry. Whether it is the method you would choose or not.

Manu

imported post

I totally agree with you SVG, My point is when we exercise our rights there will be alot who will not like it, So, because of them we should not stop to practice our right and those things what we believe in and of course are legal to do