• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vicki at The Ammo Box

comp45acp

imported post

Vicki is going to be broadcasting her Madison show (1310AM 1500-1800) from The Ammo Box in Sun Prairie tomorrow. It looks like the store is just outside of the 1,000' zone of the nearest school. I only bring that up because I don't recall them having a lot of on site parking there. I think I will stop in and say HI, while carrying of course.
1110 N. Bristol St.
Sun Prairie, 53590

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

comp45acp wrote:
Vicki is going to be broadcasting her Madison show (1310AM 1500-1800) from The Ammo Box in Sun Prairie tomorrow. It looks like the store is just outside of the 1,000' zone of the nearest school. I only bring that up because I don't recall them having a lot of on site parking there. I think I will stop in and say HI, while carrying of course.
1110 N. Bristol St.
Sun Prairie, 53590
There is a parking lot, but it is not particularly large. However I have never had to park in the street. A larger than normal number of people could easily change that.

protias

imported post

I wish I could go, but something about having to work in downtown Milwaukee prevents me from doing so. :(

comp45acp

imported post

Went to the Ammo Box after work Friday. Got there well before the show so was able to chat with Vicki for a while. Very small but very nice gun store. The place is literally packed with guns and ammo. No problem carrying there. They have a lot of 9mm and 45acp ammo. They also have primers! I could hardly believe it. Nice selection of ARs, M1As, AKs, handguns. Sitting on the table was a Barrett 82A1, .50BMG with the 20" barrel. Price $9500.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I went there a couple of times when I lived in Madison in 98' and 99'. Bought a S&W 22s from them. At that time Rusks was the only other place to get pistols but those guys; IMHO, were elitistasshats. The guy who ran the Ammo Box was just grumpy.:D

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
I went there a couple of times when I lived in Madison in 98' and 99'. Bought a S&W 22s from them. At that time Rusks was the only other place to get pistols but those guys; IMHO, were elitistasshats. The guy who ran the Ammo Box was just grumpy.:D
I'll let you in on a secret. He's not really grumpy, it's an act. But he does it well.