Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burton picnic August 9th

Post imported post

BurtonOC Picnic

Where To Meet: Kelly Lake
    When: Sunday, August 23, 2009
    Time: 12:00 Noon - ?

I haven't been able to locate an exact address for the park, but I'm sure one of the other members here can supply a link witha map.

I reserved the pavillion today for this date while I was at city hall. If this date is not going to be good for a lot of people, we can always change it. The book for pavillion reservations was very empty!

Ok, I didn't realize there was a picnic in Auburn Hills on the9th, so we'll change the Burton picnic to the 23rd. I guess I shouldn't have put the picnic date in the title since it can't be changed. Live & learn, I guess!

Post imported post

I don't think August 9th would be a good date for Kelly Park. There are two events for the 9th, one is River Woods in Auburn Hills and the other is Westfield Park in Portage. Portage is no big deal due to the fact it's located on the west side of the state. I think most who would attend Kelly Park are also the ones who will be at River Woods.

Perhaps the 16th or the 23rd would be better. Whichever date you decide to choose, let me know if I can be of any help. I'll put it in the Events Thread when you getfeedback from the membership on an appropriate date.

Post imported post

yep, I noticed the Auburn Hills picnic on the 9th after I posted. I totally missed it in the events schedule when I was picking a date. I've changed it to the 23rd for now. If that doesn't seem to be good for people, we'll try another date.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

This thread may have an address and info:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/11900.html
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Activist Member

Post imported post

I put that in my palm pilot and I'll try to get the family over there for this event. I have a couple friends that I will invite too that may be able to make it.

Post imported post

Count me in.

Post imported post

Been hoping to see another of these in the Flint area. Unfortunately for me, the 23rd is my Sunday to work. If this date holds, I might just have to burn a personal day.

Post imported post

I'm there for you Mrs. R..... I hope. Tentative due to $$$$$ , but I will try.

Post imported post

very local and on a sunday, I WILL BE THERE

work already knows

Post imported post

I am free so i will go.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    I'm there for you Mrs. R..... I hope. Tentative due to $$$$$ , but I will try.
    $$$$$$ the root of all evil! I say we start using the barter system! Hope to see you there. Are you ever going to drag the Mrs. to one of these things?

Post imported post

I try, but it's not really her thing...so to speak. She supports me fully but not really involved.

Post imported post

I was PMing back and forth with one of the OC.org people in Wisconsin; he said that they hope to get to the point that, like us, it's tough to find a weekend where there isn't an OC event taking place somewhere else. My point is that the success that we are having in Michigan shows that we have multiple events going on around the state: keep up the good work.

I think SpringerXDacp is right in that people will be interested in an event that is close to them. As the get-togethers become more popular, the time is going to come that there may be multiple events within an hour drive of anyone. :celebrate

Perhaps then Venator won't be driving all over the state and can stay a little closer to home.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
    yep, I noticed the Auburn Hills picnic on the 9th after I posted. I totally missed it in the events schedule when I was picking a date. I've changed it to the 23rd for now. If that doesn't seem to be good for people, we'll try another date.
    I have that marked on my calender I'll be there.

Aug 23 2009
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    I am free so i will go.

Post imported post

fishing or picnic hmmmm.i will have to think about this one.

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    I am free so i will go.
    Attached Image (viewed 56 times):

Where is the picture ?

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

LaVere wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    I am free so i will go.
    Attached Image (viewed 56 times):

Where is the picture ?
    It's the "rolling eyes" smiley

Post imported post

i love my wife and if she wants me to go i will.

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

I'll be there... as I've said in a couple other threads, heh.

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

We are a new Christian motorcycle club called "In God We Trust" We don't preach and we don't thump the Bible. We believe in Christ and we ride. We are a mixture of men and women that believe in our commandments as well as our bill of rights and we fully support our second and fourth ammendments. We are based in Fowlerville and we would be thrilled to attend and support this cause. Several of us carry and we all shoot. What can we bring and what time. We will show up on bikes but they are big bikes and we even use them when we grocery shop so we can bring plenty.

Post imported post

Awesome, at the picnic we had last week in Oxford we had a whole bunch of bikers show up. So you guys will fit right in.

Post imported post

rj3663 wrote:
    We are a new Christian motorcycle club called "In God We Trust" We don't preach and we don't thump the Bible. We believe in Christ and we ride. We are a mixture of men and women that believe in our commandments as well as our bill of rights and we fully support our second and fourth ammendments. We are based in Fowlerville and we would be thrilled to attend and support this cause. Several of us carry and we all shoot. What can we bring and what time. We will show up on bikes but they are big bikes and we even use them when we grocery shop so we can bring plenty.
    We would be happy to have you join us! Please note, I made the mistake of putting the date of this picnic in the title of the thread & now I'm not able to change that info. The picnic is on August 23rd, not the 9th.

here is the list of who has signed up to bring items so far:

Gas Grill - SpringerXDacp
    Charcoal Grill -

Hamburgers/Buns - SpringerXDacp
    Brats/Buns-

Hotdogs/Buns -
    Condiments -
    Paper Plates -

Napkins/Towels -

Plastic Utensils -
    Pop - SpringerXDacp
    Water - SpringerXDacp
    Snacks -
    Coolers - SpringerXDacp
    Ice - SpringerXDacp
    Camera -
    Video Recorder -

what ever you would like to bring, please post & we will get you added to the list. Any type of side dishes would also be great!

Just for my own curiosity, how many people do you think will be attending from your group? The more the merrier!

Here is the link to all events that are scheduled:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html

I look forward toseeing you in a couple of weeks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast