• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burton picnic August 9th

MrsRuger45

imported post

BurtonOC Picnic

Where To Meet: Kelly Lake
When: Sunday, August 23, 2009
Time: 12:00 Noon - ?

I haven't been able to locate an exact address for the park, but I'm sure one of the other members here can supply a link witha map.

I reserved the pavillion today for this date while I was at city hall. If this date is not going to be good for a lot of people, we can always change it. The book for pavillion reservations was very empty!

Ok, I didn't realize there was a picnic in Auburn Hills on the9th, so we'll change the Burton picnic to the 23rd. I guess I shouldn't have put the picnic date in the title since it can't be changed. :uhoh: Live & learn, I guess!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I don't think August 9th would be a good date for Kelly Park. There are two events for the 9th, one is River Woods in Auburn Hills and the other is Westfield Park in Portage. Portage is no big deal due to the fact it's located on the west side of the state. I think most who would attend Kelly Park are also the ones who will be at River Woods.

Perhaps the 16th or the 23rd would be better. Whichever date you decide to choose, let me know if I can be of any help. I'll put it in the Events Thread when you getfeedback from the membership on an appropriate date.

MrsRuger45

imported post

yep, I noticed the Auburn Hills picnic on the 9th after I posted. I totally missed it in the events schedule when I was picking a date. I've changed it to the 23rd for now. If that doesn't seem to be good for people, we'll try another date.

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

I put that in my palm pilot and I'll try to get the family over there for this event. I have a couple friends that I will invite too that may be able to make it.

Lumpy

imported post

Been hoping to see another of these in the Flint area. Unfortunately for me, the 23rd is my Sunday to work. If this date holds, I might just have to burn a personal day.

MrsRuger45

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I'm there for you Mrs. R..... I hope. Tentative due to $$$$$ :cuss:, but I will try.
$$$$$$ the root of all evil! I say we start using the barter system! Hope to see you there. Are you ever going to drag the Mrs. to one of these things?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I was PMing back and forth with one of the OC.org people in Wisconsin; he said that they hope to get to the point that, like us, it's tough to find a weekend where there isn't an OC event taking place somewhere else. My point is that the success that we are having in Michigan shows that we have multiple events going on around the state: keep up the good work.

I think SpringerXDacp is right in that people will be interested in an event that is close to them. As the get-togethers become more popular, the time is going to come that there may be multiple events within an hour drive of anyone. :celebrate

Perhaps then Venator won't be driving all over the state and can stay a little closer to home.;)

LaVere

imported post

MrsRuger45 wrote:
yep, I noticed the Auburn Hills picnic on the 9th after I posted. I totally missed it in the events schedule when I was picking a date. I've changed it to the 23rd for now. If that doesn't seem to be good for people, we'll try another date.

I have that marked on my calender I'll be there.

Aug 23 2009