• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti's at work

stormchaser

imported post

8th ID wrote:
There is nothing the management can do except ask a CUSTOMER to leave.

i know,but i'm more concerned about my friend losing his job

because he is going to refuse,to leave his gun at home,

instead of keeping in his car while he is at work.

thanks 8th ID

8th ID

imported post

I guess it would be up to your friend as to whether his job is that important.

I work at a place where Federal Law prohibits carry and even having a firearm in my car. It's a great job with security, so I go by the rules, also I could go to jail.

When driving to work is the only time i don't have a firearm...

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

If he works at an Autozone in teh state of Kentucky, then state law protects his right to have a firearm in his car while parked in the store parking lot. Unless he drives a car belonging to autozone, then they cant do anything about it. It even provides recourse against any company who punishes him for said gun.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

stormchaser wrote:
anyone tried to o/c at autozone? the reason i ask

is a friend of mine just started carring and works

at autozone was told the not only could he not carry

at work but he could not have the gun in his car,

i'm going to test this as a customer sometime this week,

this is a stripmall autozone and not a corp.owned store or parking lot,

and there are no signs posted.
Autozone does not have a policy against customers carrying. I have ongoing dialog with them at corporate over a manager asking me to leave a store in Washington. As soon as I have a letter I will post it.

In regard to not being able to lock it in a vehicle (In Kentucky)? See the following:
KRS 237.106
Employers not permitted to prohibit weapons on property, if kept in a vehicle on that property
(1) No person, including but not limited to an employer, who is the owner, lessee, or occupant of real property shall prohibit any person who is legally entitled to possess a firearm from possessing a firearm, part of a firearm, ammunition, or ammunition component in a vehicle on the property.
(2) A person, including but not limited to an employer, who owns, leases, or otherwise occupies real property may prevent a person who is prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a firearm or ammunition from possessing a firearm or ammunition on the property.
(3) A firearm may be removed from the vehicle or handled in the case of self-defense, defense of another, defense of property, or as authorized by the owner, lessee, or occupant of the property.
(4) An employer that fires, disciplines, demotes, or otherwise punishes an employee who is lawfully exercising a right guaranteed by this section, and who is engaging in conduct in compliance with this statute shall be liable in civil damages. An employee may seek and the court shall grant an injunction against an employer who is violating the provisions of this section when it is found that the employee is in compliance with the provisions of this section.
(5) The provisions of this section shall not apply to any real property:
(a) Owned, leased, or occupied by the United States government upon which the possession or carrying of firearms is prohibited or controlled;
(b) Of a detention facility as defined in KRS 520.010; or
(c) Where a section of the Kentucky Revised Statutes specifically prohibits possession or carrying of firearms on the property.

stormchaser

imported post

"quote:Why doesn't he just leave the gun in his car and keep his mouth shut about it? They can't search his car. If they ever do find out about it he's protected by state law.
KRS 237.106

that's what i told him to do.

stormchaser

imported post

well i guess this was a waste of evryone's time, and i am sorry for that,

i printed out the post of M1Gunr ,and i gave it to my friend,he then told me

it didn't matter, because tuesday was his last day, which i didn't know

at the time of the post,he starts a new job wed. all i said to him

is i wished he had told me, sorry for the trouble guy's