Thread: Travel

Post imported post

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

proud_to_serveUSAF wrote:
    So the guys in Alabama didn't give me too much help on this. Seems open carry is a far fetched concept to most LE down there. I'll be traveling there next month and I know i should be able to OC there but what about when in the vehicle cased and unloaded. Give me some of your interpretation on it.
    Presume you have seen the interactive maps on the home page of OCDO. If not, start there. Open Car Carry You may carry a loaded firearm in your car but only in a glove box or console.

Are you asking how to avoid any and all problems re RKBA in SC? Short of leaving it at home; you put in in your trunk, locked in a case w/no ammo in case. Ammo in separate locked container also in trunk. IANAL

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I don't think Alabama honors Virginia permits. You cannot carry a handgun in a vehicle without a permit (except in very specific circumstances).

There aren't too many problems with OC in Alabama, but it's not as common to see as in some other states.