• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leaving for the Chantilly gun show in a bit...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Chuckles wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:
Dark Sun folks charming as ever.
I saw the tatooed lady reading some guy the riot act on (I kid you not) "gunshow etiquette." :rolleyes:
As far as gun dealers go, the biggest and theonlybunch of a-holes I have ever met.
Sad to say, they have made my Do Not Do Business With Ever list. The are the only dealer, shop, store in that specific arena (guns) to be so honored. :X

I would gladly pay a bit more, if needed, somewhere else. IMO they give the business a bad name.

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

nova wrote:
I was able to pick up 2k CCI350 primers (I can finally afford to reload .44mag again!) and several reloading cartridge boxes for a few calibers I reload.

Only spent about 30min in the show, I didn't really see anything else that interested me.

Left and met up with some family members at the Chik-fil-A (I OC'd there) then we all made our way to Guns and Ammo Warehouse where a famlily member bought a gun.

Can't wait for him and I to try it out side by side w/ my XD :cool:

Also stopped by VA Arms to see if they got any new guns in on consignment, unfortunately there's still just the same one's that've been there for a few weeks.
OT: I didn't know there were any Chick-Fil-As that were open on Sundays... where was this one?

TFred

hunter45

imported post

TFred wrote:
nova wrote:
I was able to pick up 2k CCI350 primers (I can finally afford to reload .44mag again!) and several reloading cartridge boxes for a few calibers I reload.

Only spent about 30min in the show, I didn't really see anything else that interested me.

Left and met up with some family members at the Chik-fil-A (I OC'd there) then we all made our way to Guns and Ammo Warehouse where a famlily member bought a gun.

Also stopped by VA Arms to see if they got any new guns in on consignment, unfortunately there's still just the same one's that've been there for a few weeks.
OT: I didn't know there were any Chick-Fil-As that were open on Sundays... where was this one?

TFred

He must have been talking about Saturday because I think VA Arms is also closed on Sunday.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Went Sunday for a couple hours. Tried to pick up a little .40 but decided against it because the cheapest thing was $20/50rds:shock: I did get a grip plug for my G27, but it isn't exactly what I wanted. I'm going to have to file it down into what I want. Overall I think the show was good, but the prices were terrible. I also learned my lesson to go friday afternoon instead:?

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I went at 3pm on Friday. Long lines, but moved once the doors opened. No deals on anything I saw. I did finally pick up some ammo. 9mm @ $20 & .45 @ $25. again, no deals, but a longshot.My shelves were getting empty & I was getting worried. Lots of LEO's there, too. They seemed to be looking more at the stuff then anything else.

dyver1

imported post

"Apparently there was an ND on Friday at the show. I do not have all of the details but from what I understand it was a visitor who discharged a .25 from a Raven. I was told that he had to be transported via EMS with concrete shards in his leg."

I was listening to one of the girls working the G&A Warehouse booth on Friday afternoon and she said there was a ND before the show opened, so the show sponsors were on the microphones about every 15 minutes reminding patrons that NO LOADED firearms were allowed in the show building period. They even sent out extra reminders to the vendors to double check all their firearms and to CHP holders that they also were NOT allowed to carry loaded in the buildings.

It was entertaining to hear.

Be Careful Out There!

Paul

dyver1

imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
Dark Sun folks charming as ever.
I saw the tatooed lady reading some guy the riot act on (I kid you not) "gunshow etiquette." :rolleyes:

The dark sun guys may not be all that charming, but their prices and selection are very hard to beat.

I do not know where they get all of their inventory, but they had choices that no one else had and prices signficantly lower than others on the one I wanted, so I bought it. The background was done in less that 30 mintes on Friday night and I was out of there with my new toy.

Off to the range this evening to see how it handles.

Be Careful Out There!

Paul

CRF250rider1000

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I did get a grip plug for my G27, but it isn't exactly what I wanted. I'm going to have to file it down into what I want.
What kind of grip plug were you looking for? I may have an alternate suggestion.
Just something to sit flush. This things sticks out a little which I don't like, but I may keep it that way as long as it doesn't print while I'm concealing. What would your suggestion be? Thanks!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

dyver1 wrote:
"Apparently there was an ND on Friday at the show. I do not have all of the details but from what I understand it was a visitor who discharged a .25 from a Raven. I was told that he had to be transported via EMS with concrete shards in his leg."

I was listening to one of the girls working the G&A Warehouse booth on Friday afternoon and she said there was a ND before the show opened, so the show sponsors were on the microphones about every 15 minutes reminding patrons that NO LOADED firearms were allowed in the show building period. They even sent out extra reminders to the vendors to double check all their firearms and to CHP holders that they also were NOT allowed to carry loaded in the buildings.

It was entertaining to hear.

Be Careful Out There!

Paul

I heard some different info about this. The latest is that a dealer had purchased an estate of guns including an AMT backup .380. He was showing it to another dealer to sell when it "somehow went off". :(

After my class on Sunday, I walked into the main building and got immediately flagged by some guy drawing a 1911 out of his holster. It never fails....someone is going to get hurt.

Marco

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Agent19 wrote:

I use this - you can store an extra cartridge. Check ebay for it. Search "Glock plug"

P4210041aa.jpg

ChinChin

imported post

dyver1 wrote:
so the show sponsors were on the microphones about every 15 minutes reminding patrons that NO LOADED firearms were allowed in the show building period.
I noticed the abundence of posted signs stating "No loaded firearms, no exceptions."

Yet I saw half a dozen state po-po with their sidearms loaded and on their belts.

This begs the question that as it is private property and they would have to be there (my assumption) at the invitation of the owners or event coordinators to act as private security; why don't the same rules apply to them.

I know VA po-po don't have a formal roll call like other departments; they just hop in the car and patrol at will; so are they on private property "on the clock" or are they on OT in uniform as "extra security?"

Roamer

imported post

I have known and done business with Dark Sun Surplus for over 10 years . They are the most legal minded and most independent of all the Modern firearms dealers in the Virginia region. They are both friendly and honest and will not tolerate anyone trying to violate State or Federal Firearms regulation . The "tattoo Lady " as youcall her is Named Jenny and is both very knowledgeable and respectful . As for Dave and Rod they are both Honest and forthright . By your comments you have made they probably would not sell you a firearm due to your own attitude and rude shortsighted comments . So do them a favor and keep your promise you have made on the web and don,t take up their time and try to purchase from them. Best Regards T.Wilcox

nova

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
TFred wrote:
nova wrote:

TFred

He must have been talking about Saturday because I think VA Arms is also closed on Sunday.
It was Friday, I forgot to specify that when I remembered this thread on Sunday :)

les_aker

imported post

Roamer wrote:
I have known and done business with Dark Sun Surplus for over 10 years . They are the most legal minded and most independent of all the Modern firearms dealers in the Virginia region. They are both friendly and honest and will not tolerate anyone trying to violate State or Federal Firearms regulation . The "tattoo Lady " as youcall her is Named Jenny and is both very knowledgeable and respectful . As for Dave and Rod they are both Honest and forthright . By your comments you have made they probably would not sell you a firearm due to your own attitude and rude shortsighted comments . So do them a favor and keep your promise you have made on the web and don,t take up their time and try to purchase from them. Best Regards T.Wilcox

On the contrary, my personal experience has been that they are rude, period. I walk on by their tables for that simple reason. To imply that is has anything to do with anyone expecting them to not follow the law is simply an attempt to ignore what has been posted.