• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chirp, Chirp...

turbodog

imported post

smoking357 wrote:

I find your lack of respect for Mark's sacrifice and accomplishments to be disrespectful.

All OC'ers, especially LA. OC'ers, owe him a huge debt.
accomplishments? Puuuleeeze.

I for one, don't owe mark a fewkin thing.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FogRider wrote:
And it begins again. Bicker amongst yourselves folk, I'm off to another thread.
+1

What a bunch of hypocrites you all are (not you, FogRider).

You bitch and moan about trolls, to the point where you start whole threads (totally off-topic) to bitch and moan in.

This is called trolling, my friends.

Next time you point the finger, look in the mirror as you do so.

As a participant who favors no "side", it seems to me that all parties share equal blame for the degeneration of these forums into mindless squabbling.

Most of the strife comes from people bitching about how anti-LEO smoking357 and MEM appear to be. These hypocrites cannot stand the thought of a forum where the entirety of posting does not fit square into their authoritarian, police-statist paradigm. And so they endlessly rail against and decry others in a most childish fashion, hoping they can once again turn the forum into a cozy place where all are in lockstep of political thought.

MEM and smoking357, on the other hand, are filled with a pompous sense of superiority, eager to rain their "decades" of study and experience on the ignorant masses who occupy OCDO. Regardless of the truth of this belief, it is not a way to engage in open debate or expand the horizons of those who are critical, or narrow-minded. And the "it's not worth educating those who don't want to be educated" (read: those who don't immediately recognize the immensity of our experience and education) attitude is monumentally asinine.

I hope nobody takes more offense than due. This is intended as an equitable calling-out of what I see as responsible parties on all sides of the equation. I'm calling it like I see it, as usual.

It reminds me of a certain poster, who has degenerated to the status of troll by constantly following AWDstylez around, to accuse him of being a "troll", whatever the content, attitude, or intent of his post. In addition to demonstrating legendary hypocrisy, this poster is single-handedly responsible for initiating the trainwrecks that threads involving AWDstylez devolve into, and then proceeding to lay the blame entirely on the other party, because after all they are in frequent disagreement and so the other must inevitably be a troll.

You all need to @#$%ing grow up. If I quit the forum, it will be due to the incessant bickering and hypocrisy. Just remember, most of you reading this share a large stake of the blame for this. And the more you're inclined to blame "MEM" the more you're demonstrating the accuracy of what I assert.

turbodog

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
marshaul wrote:
MEM and smoking357, on the other hand, are filled with a pompous sense of superiority, eager to rain their "decades" of study and experience on the ignorant masses who occupy OCDO.
Yeah, what he said!
Umm...I'm not positive, but I don't think that was a compliment smoke.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

turbodog wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
marshaul wrote:
MEM and smoking357, on the other hand, are filled with a pompous sense of superiority, eager to rain their "decades" of study and experience on the ignorant masses who occupy OCDO.
Yeah, what he said!
Umm...I'm not positive, but I don't think that was a compliment smoke.
YMMV.

Bat21

imported post

barf wrote:
Wow, haven't seen many posts on here lately (except if you count the personal attacks). :uhoh:

Where is everyone? On vacation? Offshore? Over at laopencarry.org?

Because 98% of the members got smart and started LOCAL. The other 2% were busy being cheerleaders to MEM..

turbodog

imported post

Bat21 wrote:
barf wrote:
Wow, haven't seen many posts on here lately (except if you count the personal attacks). :uhoh:

Where is everyone? On vacation? Offshore? Over at laopencarry.org?

Because 98% of the members got smart and started LOCAL. The other 2% were busy being cheerleaders to MEM..
The mods here should lock out a thread when personal attacks have left the original topic in the dust. They don't. So people who want to ask real questions, and try and get real answers instead of rhetoric, are starting to move over to Laopencarry.org.

LOCAL isn't a stand alone forum or part of a larger national organization. It's a pro-OC Louisiana group who's site has forums centered around information, questions, and experiences specific to the open carry of firearms in Louisiana and nowhere else. We're small now, but growing.

The moderators on LOCAL aren't going to allow the kind of personal attacks that have become prevalent on this forum. Many of the LOCAL guys have met in person on more than one occasion. If one of us get's objectionable (hasn't happened yet) he's likely to be seeing the other guy in person and may have to explain himself. :uhoh: :lol:

LOCAL welcomes visitors. The site (and group) is still a work in progress but feel free to check it out. http://www.laopencarry.org/

barf

imported post

I'll have to go check laopencarry.org out. Thanks!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate