Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen this post on CGN

Post imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...splay.php?f=71
    "
    As a science advisory, the following new disorder is planned for DSM-V when it is released in 2012.

-----

Diagnostic criteria for 357+P Open-Carry Disorder

A. Either obsessions or compulsions:

Obsessions as defined by (1), (2), (3), and (4):

(1) recurrent and persistent thoughts, impulses, or images of carrying an exposed firearm that are experienced, at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and inappropriate and that cause marked anxiety or distress
    (2) the thoughts, impulses, or images are not simply excessive worries about real-life practical firearm carry problems
    (3) the person attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, impulses, or images of open carrying or to neutralize them with some other thought or action
    (4) the person recognizes that the obsessional thoughts, impulses, or images of open carrying are a product of his or her own mind (not imposed from without as in thought insertion)

Compulsions as defined by (1) and (2):

(1) repetitive behaviors (e.g., load and fire drills, retention checking, dry firing) or mental acts (e.g., memorizing the penal code, rehearsing loaded check rules, repeating police interactions silently) that the person feels driven to perform in response to a police encounter, or according to rules that must be applied rigidly to avoid committing a felony
    (2) the behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing gun control legislation due to anti-gun legislators or preventing some dreaded loss of civil rights, or a dreaded event such as arrest and conviction; however, these behaviors or mental acts either are not connected in a realistic way with the gun rights program they are designed to promote or prevent or are clearly excessive

B. At some point during the course of the disorder, the person has recognized that the obsessions or compulsions to open carry are excessive or unreasonable. Note: This does not apply to children or those behaving like children.

C. The obsessions or compulsions cause marked distress among other gun owners, are time consuming (take more than 1 hour a day), or significantly interfere with the person's normal routine, occupational (or academic) functioning, or usual social activities or relationships.

D. If another gun-related disorder is present, the content of the obsessions or compulsions is not restricted to it (e.g., preoccupation with open carrying Evil Black Rifles in the presence of Evil Black Rifle Disease, or gaining attention in the presence of 69, attention-whoring).

E. The disturbance is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication, excessive attention) or a general medical condition.

Specify if:
    With Poor Insight: if, for most of the time during the current episode of open carrying the person does not recognize that the obsessions and compulsions with open carrying are excessive or unreasonable __________________

Ummm Im kinda seeing red at CGN right about now

Ummm edited to say yeah just got banned from calguns
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    A)"Your mouth is does no good except to pleasure your loved one or some random stranger.." The language and locker room mouth is not welcome here. B) "Obama: Just another Black man in government housing" I have deleted this twice,
    Date the ban will be lifted: 07-29-2009, 10:00 PM

So In support of Second amendment I have to give up my first????? wow CGN youve sunk to a new low

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

I didnt find it funny either... They themselves should be practicing reloading drills even when ccing

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Some of the folks over there are down right mean-spirited!

But they are a "political" organization, who wantonly a certain image of gun-owners being put forth.

I think that's just sad.

In many ways,their attempts to stereotype gunowners into their image does not further their cause.

Certain "stepchildren" must be kept in the closet where others will not see them.

Maybe they'll change. :what:
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

I just today decided that I've finally had it with CalGuns. I'm finished there. And I didn't even see this post. The last straw for me was the recent deletion of my posts in another Open Carry discussion, or should I say, Open Carrier bash fest. I am really sick and tired of Kestryl deleting my posts but not the other guy's when he disagrees with me. I was an avid CalGuns supporter for a couple years, despite the divisiveness and censorship. I've given way too much money to the CGF. Too bad. These idiots really know how to divide the RKBA community.

Post imported post

I been wondering what the NRA would say about open carry?? I would rather support them than CGN.

So what Obama is just another black man in government housing.... He proved it as soon as he pulled the race card.... When I heard Obama say that, I was floored and severely disappointed Our president pulling the race card I knew it would come someday from Obama I didnt think that it would happen this fast

BTW stricter legislation on open carry would take alot of effort on the representatives personally I dont think that have the stones to take it on.. seems they have better things to do with the economy

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
    I been wondering what the NRA would say about open carry??
    There was a bit of a spat a while back when the NRA-ILA put out an e-mail alert about VA's ban on CCing in restaurants licensed to serve alcohol.

The initial e-mail alert made it sound like the only option was for a CCer to leave his gun in the car or at home if he wanted to eat in a restaurant licensed to serve alcohol.

The NRA-ILA took some heat from OCers and finally re-worded the alert, if I recall.

I don't have any info that NRA supports OC. Certainly, I haven't heard of any major programs or pushes promoting it.

My guess is they will come out in full support of it after John and Mike and the rest of us get it solidly accepted by enough people in the gun world. Until then, I'm thinking we will getsimple acknowledgment and the occasional support when such support doesn't buck the status quo too much.

I'm happy to be wrong on this, though. If anyone has different info about NRA supportingOC more than what I'm thinking, please don't keep quiet.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

The 2nd Amendment is OC.

The right to bear arms is a right requiring nothing other than to do so responsibly. All this othernonsense is just brain clutterpromulgated by those who've been educated beyond reasonable usefulness,then parroted by thoseincapableof critical thinking.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    stuckinchico wrote:
    I been wondering what the NRA would say about open carry??
    There was a bit of a spat a while back when the NRA-ILA put out an e-mail alert about VA's ban on CCing in restaurants licensed to serve alcohol.

The initial e-mail alert made it sound like the only option was for a CCer to leave his gun in the car or at home if he wanted to eat in a restaurant licensed to serve alcohol.

The NRA-ILA took some heat from OCers and finally re-worded the alert, if I recall.

I don't have any info that NRA supports OC. Certainly, I haven't heard of any major programs or pushes promoting it.

My guess is they will come out in full support of it after John and Mike and the rest of us get it solidly accepted by enough people in the gun world. Until then, I'm thinking we will getsimple acknowledgment and the occasional support when such support doesn't buck the status quo too much.

I'm happy to be wrong on this, though. If anyone has different info about NRA supportingOC more than what I'm thinking, please don't keep quiet.
    AFAIK, they are not OC advocates, at least not yet. They are big time CC advocates though.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    The 2nd Amendment is OC.

The right to bear arms is a right requiring nothing other than to do so responsibly. All this othernonsense is just brain clutterpromulgated by those who've been educated beyond reasonable usefulness,then parroted by thoseincapableof critical thinking.
    Love where your brain is at

Post imported post

Personally if I was an Officer, Id rather know where the weapon is than have to wonder if they are packing under them clothes

Post imported post

I've been following the actions of Calguns. I'm pleased with the progress that CGN/CGF is making in the courts.

However, I feel from the imagery provided by the forum members there that they are far happier being a supporter of 2nd Amendment rights when it means donating a dime but not lifting a finger. Read through some of the topics and the emotional responses of some. There are a few posters there that are intelligent enough to word responses that can articulate some facts, but still the pedestal they're preaching from is that if we OC we'll lose shall-issue CCW.

I've almost had enough of many of the community members there. Maybe after they're able to get their coveted privilege permit they'll be more inclined to support LOC and strike down 626.9. ... In "two weeks".
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm torn on CalGuns. On one hand, they're doing good stuff. They stepped up and aided Bobbarker when he was arrested last year, and they've provided some logistical support to Thesues.

It's clear that the board members don't want to support Open Carry (especially financially), but it seems to me that they aren't opposed to it. If they were, why would they be helping us even in minor ways?

On the other hand, I'm annoyed by their focus on CCW reform. As a liberty-minded person, I can't understand why anybody would willing pay a tax and take a test in return for a basic human right.

Also, I got tired of their selective censorship. It's blasphemy to criticize the actions of LEOs, yet mindless belittling open carry civil rights activists is the status quo.

I think there are two important things to remember:

1. We're all on the same team, even if we disagree on one issue among the plethora of 2A issues.

2. CalGuns Foundation is not one and the same as CalGuns.net. CalGuns.net is owned by Kestryll. So don't hold the opinions of the moderators of CGN against the board of CGF. I have found that CGF is far less anti-OC than CGN's members & moderators.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

stuckinchico wrote:

So In support of Second amendment I have to give up my first????? wow CGN youve sunk to a new low

It's a private site, 1stA does not apply. They can allow or delete anything at will.

Don't like it? Make your own site for your beliefs....but be ready for opinions that you don't like.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm not a big fan of censorship, but I respect the property owner's right to do it.

For example, I stopped reading/posting to many of the forums here because I got tired of the censorship. I like that the mods don't pay us much mind in the state forums.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    1. We're all on the same team, even if we disagree on one issue among the plethora of 2A issues.
    When I posted my RKBA version of the Franklin "Join or Die" image the other day in an OC bash thread, it was deleted by Kestryl. It's OK to insult and belittle us, but it's not OK to point out that we all should stick together.

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    2. CalGuns Foundation is not one and the same as CalGuns.net. CalGuns.net is owned by Kestryll. So don't hold the opinions of the moderators of CGN against the board of CGF.
    Yes. CalGuns.net is owned by Kestryl, and it is his personal sandbox. He censors views he does not like and members he does not like.

The CalGuns Foundation is an org started by a bunch of CalGuns members, including a few very smart pro-2A activists. However, Kestryl is on the Board, and as long as that is the case, I will no longer donate to them.

Post imported post

MudCamper wrote
    When I posted my RKBA version of the Franklin "Join or Die" image the other day in an OC bash thread, it was deleted by Kestryl. It's OK to insult and belittle us, but it's not OK to point out that we all should stick together.

Yes. CalGuns.net is owned by Kestryl, and it is his personal sandbox. He censors views he does not like and members he does not like.
    I will post this here since it becoming a public matter.

Yes, I deleted two of your posts, much the same as I deleted posts from oaklander and others.

Of the two posts of your that were deleted one was not addressing the topic but instead attacking the individual.
    This is the same rules violation that has lead to deleted posts on both sides of the current conflict.
    I do not recall you presenting this outrage when I deleted the posts denigrating PNS and other UOC'ers.
    Nope, not a word then.
    Or was that 'censorship' acceptable as it fell in line with your personal beliefs?

Neither did I receive anything from you protesting oaklander's ban for trolling and antagonizing the UOC proponents.
    Again, no outrage over censorship or bias then, perhaps there is a touch of bias in your outrage?

The second post was perhaps a bit overly PC in it's deletion but both sides of this debate are becoming VERY antagonistic and defensive and the 'join or die' concept at this point is very 'ultimatumish'.
    When you draw a line in the sand the other guy isn't the only one bound by it, so are you.

If my intent was to censor your views why are there ten other posts of yours in that same thread, still there and untouched? Perhaps it is because they were posts that presented you points and views and nothing more.

You accuse me of bias and censorship yet you don't complain about the deletion and banning of those you disagree with.
    You make no comment nor acknowledgment of the punitive actions taken on those other than you and act as though everyone else has gotten a pass but you.
    While I am far from perfect, I try to NEVER ban or delete capriciously, only when I feel not doing so will result in larger problems in the future.

Post imported post

BAN HIM FROM HERE!!!! lol

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Oh, hell. Not another inter-forum spat. These things are so tiresome.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

yeah mine was a joke personally I dont care

Post imported post

Kestryll wrote:
    I will post this here since it becoming a public matter.

Yes, I deleted two of your posts, much the same as I deleted posts from oaklander and others.

Of the two posts of your that were deleted one was not addressing the topic but instead attacking the individual.
    This is the same rules violation that has lead to deleted posts on both sides of the current conflict.
    Let me quote exactly the post that you deleted (in addition to the Franklin comic):

Originally Posted by MudCamper:
    Here is more vague references to insider political bs that can't possibly be proved one way or the other, or even that it will have any ramifications at all. Or am I just supposed to take your word for it. The word of a man who stoops to using personal insults as debating tactics. And you call us drama queens. Proverbial pot calling the kettle black.
    As you can see, I was responding to Bill's comments, and his continued insults cast at me and fellow UOC advocates. You didn't delete his posts, only my calling him out on it. Now I know Bill is a great guy and a true RKBA activist who's done more than most, but that does not mean I won't call him out when he is being an ass. (He in fact called us drama queens and many other childish insults.)

Kestryll wrote:
    I do not recall you presenting this outrage when I deleted the posts denigrating PNS and other UOC'ers.
    Nope, not a word then.
    Or was that 'censorship' acceptable as it fell in line with your personal beliefs?

Neither did I receive anything from you protesting oaklander's ban for trolling and antagonizing the UOC proponents.
    Again, no outrage over censorship or bias then, perhaps there is a touch of bias in your outrage?
    I was not aware that Oaklander was banned, nor was I aware of other post deletions, therefore I did not speak about these things. If you'd lay off the censorship on all sides of the discussions, and just let people hang themselves, maybe you would have less trouble.

Kestryll wrote:
    The second post was perhaps a bit overly PC in it's deletion but both sides of this debate are becoming VERY antagonistic and defensive and the 'join or die' concept at this point is very 'ultimatumish'.
    When you draw a line in the sand the other guy isn't the only one bound by it, so are you.

If my intent was to censor your views why are there ten other posts of yours in that same thread, still there and untouched? Perhaps it is because they were posts that presented you points and views and nothing more.
    You have deleted my posts on many occasions. You always claim the same reasons. Perhaps sometimes you are justified. But from my perspective there have been many times where you are blatantly biased and censor beliefs and opinions you do not like. It's your sandbox. You can do what you want. But I don't have to like it. Nor do I have to shut up about it outside your sandbox.

Kestryll wrote:
    You accuse me of bias and censorship yet you don't complain about the deletion and banning of those you disagree with.
    You make no comment nor acknowledgment of the punitive actions taken on those other than you and act as though everyone else has gotten a pass but you.
    While I am far from perfect, I try to NEVER ban or delete capriciously, only when I feel not doing so will result in larger problems in the future.
    I think you are full of it, and I think you know it. As I have told you on many of these occasions, I don't think any posts should be deleted. Close threads if you want. Ban users if you want. But when you selectively delete posts (and worse, when you delete/edit a user's post and then ban him) to misrepresent views that you don't like (particularly around religious discussions where your bias is the most blatant) it's the worst kind of censorship.

Post imported post

Calguns is a big tent and with that diverse group interacting I think Kes as done an admirable job in moderating even if at times I may personally disagree or would do things differently sometimes.

In this fight we must really separate our egos from the pursuit of our goal. All it takes is 20 posters in an "anti" oc thread to make one feel ganged up on. But remember EVERYTHING we write goes to a MUCH LARGER audience (10s of Thousands). Speak to that audience and ignore all personal attacks (itreflects wellon usand makes ones argument look the more rational IMO)

There are two things to keep in mind as an OC supporter. One is the reason for OCing which is why we're drawn to it and well explained at californiaopencarry.org. The other is the legislative climate here and the civil rights suit process to secure RKBA.

One can still support OC as clearly the Right and also support the path chosen to expand RKBA by our very experienced civil rights attorneys; Alan Gura and Don Kilmer. Both of themI believe are,from meeting and speaking toboth, strongsmall "l" libertarians at heart, but they also understand the realitiesturning RKBA in to a strong court recognized Right and the ins and outs of the federal court system. I trust their decisions on the where, when, and how of attacking the bad laws.

I would ask for all to stayinvolved on CGN (and other forums) even in a minority status in order to spreadour message and to bringnew membershere.

artwork by Mudcamper, a greatAmerican !

Post imported post

This logic is as sound here and now where it concerns the general public and

where it should concern law enforcement as a whole. As it has been in combat

since uniformed American troops fought a well organizedviet cong guerilla force.

to nowwhen coalition troops do there best to ferret out a terrorist insurgency

hiding an AK under their robe.

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions,

who at the dawn of victory rested, and resting died"{Omar the tent maker}

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Post imported post

DEFENSOR wrote:
    "On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions,

who at the dawn of victory rested, and resting died"{Omar the tent maker}

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Ok was June 6th, 1944the right time forOperation Overlordor should it have happened in 1942?

Planning Planning and Planning to strike at the right time with the right tools brings success. I don't see any hesitation on our side. Things are progressing at a legal blitzkrieg pace for civil right issues.

Hesitating is UOCing as civil obedience (something I support generally by the way with occasional reservations). Not hesitating would be to LOC inviolationof 12031 at a press conference. Any takers? I hope not yet because North Africa and Italy (the low hanging fruit / soft under belly)have not beenconcluded.

witness planning :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast