• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Problem w/ Rafter S. Gun Belts

Kildars

imported post

I ordered a Black Sharkskin gun belt from them back in may. The money was taken from my CC on 5/13/2009. When I spoke to the woman (im not sure of her name) who answered the phone she told me 3-5 weeks. It's been 9 now, going on 10. I've tried to call multiple times, left two messages, and received no response.

I've only heard good things about these guys, I do not really get what is going on. I understand the belt may take longer to make but I feel like they should be contacting me back. If I do not receive a call from them by Sunday I will be filing a dispute with Visa because I have not received an item I paid for.

Does anyone know some other options I can take up to get into contact w/ them? I've called both the home # on their website and the cell #.

Flyer22

imported post

I don't know what chance this has of working, but you could contact the relevant police departmentand/or the state attorney general and ask them totell the company to eithercontact you or elserisk investigation for fraud.

Kildars

imported post

I do not want to have to take it that far. I don't know if my order got misplaced, or something but it's worrying me that they're not returning my calls. There was one time I spoke w/ the lady who answers the phone and she said "ah yeah that should ship next week" and hung up on me. I called back and got no answer, that was two weeks ago.

I will call tomorrow, and explain that I am going to file a dispute on my credit card and get my funds returned, if they do not call me within 24 hours I will file a dispute. I'm not sure how this happened because I've heard nothing but good things about them..

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Kildars wrote:
I do not want to have to take it that far. I don't know if my order got misplaced, or something but it's worrying me that they're not returning my calls. There was one time I spoke w/ the lady who answers the phone and she said "ah yeah that should ship next week" and hung up on me. I called back and got no answer, that was two weeks ago.

I will call tomorrow, and explain that I am going to file a dispute on my credit card and get my funds returned, if they do not call me within 24 hours I will file a dispute. I'm not sure how this happened because I've heard nothing but good things about them..

I would just go ahead and file the dispute with the credit card.

You've given them plenty of opportunities. What is the possible benefit of calling them and giving them a heads up? They just say, "Oh, yeah. Sorry, we lost the order. We'll jump it ahead of the others, you should have it in two weeks."

Then it doesn't come, and you've lost two more weeks.

They've already had plenty of chancesfor anybody who was geniunelyconcerned about customer satisfaction.

I'm not saying they're evil or deliberately fraudulent. But, plainly something is going on over there. Maybe they are just overbooked. Maybe somebody is ill. Maybe they can't run a small business. All are forgiveable. But that doesn't mean you owe them support for a product you paid for but did not receive.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Good job on the filing, I had one where they told me they would refund me
the charge they made by mistake. Then I started thinking about it, and
what if they don't and I waste another month waiting on a statement to see
if they did.
I wold love to know what they think at the CC company. Bought a laptop last
month, paid them when the bill came in. Bought $260 dollars worth of stuff
the company split the order into 4 parts, and billed them seperately, the
card company calls me about possible fraud. They had a $200, and 3 little
$15 charges.

Anyone know if contesting a charge puts downward pressure on you credit score?
I learned buying used tires and the like does.
Only reason to charge is the extended warranty.

Would love to stimulate the economy, but just can't bring myself to buy another
new pistol and let BHO have the tax money.

LeMat

imported post

I've owned a lot of Rafter S gear over the years (a dozen holsters/mag pouches I used for various guns in IDPA) and about 2-3 years ago, they started having significant problems.

Ran into a whole mess of equipment failure and I think they got real popular real fast and had issues keeping up with orders. The last couple of times, I'd end up talking to someone who sounded younger and it seemed like he wasn't too sure of what was going on. I can't for the life of me remember the gal's name, but she was always incredibly courteous with me on ever order.

They raise their own cattle for leather you know. ;)

Anyhow, I always hate to hear the problems folks have had and to be honest, I've gone on to use other custom makers for my gear.

Kildars

imported post

Any recommendations? I'm looking for something relatively cheap, something that will give me no problems holding a fully loaded 5" XD Tactical.

The bank has not received an answer to my dispute yet from Rafter.

Michigander

imported post

For relative cheap and highly serviceable, my suggestion is Craftsman tool belts. They look fairly decent when used as pants belts, unless you're wearing a shirt and tie or fancier, and they only cost 10 dollars. They could also be used as a separate gun belt, just like they normally are used as separate tool belts by contractors. They are basically a thick and sturdy strip of leather just like a more expensive belt sold as a garrison belt. Whether it's that brand, or different one, a tool belt will be a good way to hold up a gun. They are made with the intentions of holding up heavier tools for years and years.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00940472000P?keyword=tool+belt

As goes without saying, if you want a fancier belt made from something more expensive than leather, or if you want it to be thinner and reinforced in between 2 leather strips, then it gets expensive.

LeMat

imported post

Filson makes a pretty slick double thick belt, but they are priced alongside custom belts.

http://www.filson.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2092378&cp=2069836.2069840.2075127&parentPage=family

If you don't mind nylon, Uncle Mike's has a copy of the Wilderness Instructor belt. This is the belt I use in IDPA. I has a plastic linerandhas stayed very rigid with a lot of use. I am pleased with it. I think I paid around $25.00 for it.

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/reinforced_instructors_belt.html