• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

holy cow wants me to "grow up dude"

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

This is a private message that I received from holy cow. Since he has not yet earned my respect, he will get my response in public, rather than private.

holy cow wrote:
seems like you dont care for the men in blue. Why is that? I think this disrespect is a burden on the OPEN CARRY CAUSE. It shows in many of your posts. grow up dude.
First, lets start with the obvious.

Open carry is not a "cause", it is a numerated right protected by The Constitution of these UnitedStatesthat I, and most cops are sworn to support and defend from enemies both foreign, and domestic.

Second, I am not required to "care for the men in blue", or anyone else for that matter. I have saidthis before, and I will say it again.

If you want to blanket assume that all cops are gods and deserve your praise that is YOUR prerogative. Not mine. The only people that require my care are my wife and kids.

There are some good cops out there, and as hard as this may be to believe, I have respect for some of them. I grew up in Lehi, and at one point knew most of the police force.

I have respect for former Lehi Chief of Police Carl Zimmerman.He is agood man that lived in our ward, and helped out my family in a time of need.

I have respect for Captain Harold Terry, the father of a few of my high school colleagues, and a man that I looked up to as a teen.

I have respect for LieutenantJames Munson, a man that once lived next door to me, and was also the instructor for the class in which I took to apply for my concealed firearm permit.

They are three of the best cops Lehi has ever had.

I have respect for my battle buddyOfficer Tyler Butler, of the Utah State Department of Corrections. He is a great friend of mine, afellow Sergeant and Iraqi War Veteran.

Then there is my in-laws. My Wife's Father was a Police Chief in the Sacramento area andis now my hunting buddy.

My Wife's Mother was a police officer in the San Diego area, and she is now my health care practitioner.

Whether itis a friend in combat, a hunting partner with a shotgun, or a woman that cares for my health, these are three cops that I trust with my life.

So far that is6 peace officers, former and current, that I respect and trust.

I am sorry to announce however, that I have no personal experience with the thousands of other cops in the United States, and therefore they have not had a chance to earn my respect or trust.

But it sounds like you have that covered for me.

holy cow wrote:
Yeah, I will respect those brave enough to do a job that most wont. and endure the abuse of the A**holes. (QFT)
thx997303 wrote:
Then you should know that I am currently active duty military.
So, by your logic, why am I not above reproach? Why do I not deserve your undying loyalty and support regardless of the legality or morality of my actions?
holy cow wrote:
Wow your ego is outta control.....dude!

What have you done that allows you to promote yourself to this status?

ANYONE????
THX is bringing up a very valid point, one that I too have asked without answer.

You seem to have a blind faith in every cop that dares to don a badge, and "do a job that most wont. and endure the abuse of the A**holes."

I would therefore also assume that you have a blind faith inthe Armed Forces ofUnited States, like most Americans do. You know, "Support the Troops"?

THX and I are bothcurrently servingin the U.S. Army. Do we not deserve your respect? Are we exempt from your respect becausewe disagree with your position?

Why don't we fall under your blanket category of "those brave enough to do a job that most wont." Is it your policy to call soldiers that do not agree with you "A**holes"?

In case it is not obvious, THX and I don't expect you to respect us, nor do we care if you do. Hate us all you want, that is your right and we will defend it to the grave.

We understand that we alllive in a free country.We live in acountry where you can voice your opinion freely.We live in acountry where you can either praise cops with the majority or dissent in the minority.

You don't seem to get that.

holy cow

imported post

oh I can see it clearly now.

First I was attempting to understand you. NO I do not agree with you on this subject. I was trying to reach out and at least see your view. Clearly that was a mistake.You seem to be more consumed with stiring things up than real discussion.

Second I think the disrespect is obvious and clear. I think the disrespect does more harm than good. I think it sours the perception of the lurkers who are thinking about becoming involved in this cause. I support the cause and second ammendment. I do not support the whiney attitude presented here. Holy cow! If someone does notwant you to carry on the property they havelegalcontrol of GET OVER IT!

Third, its never cool to promote yourself to a certain status. NOBODY likes a tyrant or a monday morning quarterback. Except for me. I really am in awe of how you are so open to discussion and real communication tactics.

I think you are a studmuffiin that has been overlooked by society. Clearly your tears cure cancer and you have ALL the answers. President OBAMA has YOUR job! (you could do so much better)! I felt like that once, I was twelve. Looking backafterforty yearsI often wonder, how I could be so full of shit and have no clue?

Fourth: Clearly I hit a nerve and you cant respond on your own. Make it public, get backup!! It must be lonley for you in your world of self pity and isolation.

I suggest you get some help. There is a wide range of support services available for you.

Medication and hospitals are also available.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

holy cow wrote via PM:
I am sad you did that. i really was trying to understand your view.:(
And I really was trying to present my view to you.

holy cow wrote:
First I was attempting to understand you. NO I do not agree with you on this subject. I was trying to reach out and at least see your view. Clearly that was a mistake.You seem to be more consumed with stiring things up than real discussion.
I prefer to make real conversation AND stir things up. Nothing wrong with an opinion, unless it differs from yours of course.

holy cow wrote:
Second I think the disrespect is obvious and clear. I think the disrespect does more harm than good. I think it sours the perception of the lurkers who are thinking about becoming involved in this cause. I support the cause and second ammendment. I do not support the whiney attitude presented here. Holy cow! If someone does notwant you to carry on the property they havelegalcontrol of GET OVER IT!
I am glad my disrespect is loud and clear, that means someone is listening. As far as "harming the cause" is concerned, should that matter to me? I am not a recruiter, and I don't believe this is a "cause". If I scare you and the poor lurkers, then stop reading this site. I don't recall ever bitching about private property rights, but others have, and that is their right to bitch.

holy cow wrote:
Third, its never cool to promote yourself to a certain status. NOBODY likes a tyrant or a monday morning quarterback. Except for me. I really am in awe of how you are so open to discussion and real communication tactics.
And what status is that? In case you skimmed over my comments, I will quote them very clearly...

SGT Jensenwrote:
In case it is not obvious, THX and I don't expect you to respect us, nor do we care if you do.

Hate us all you want, that is your right and we will defend it to the grave.

holy cow wrote:
I think you are a studmuffiin that has been overlooked by society. Clearly your tears cure cancer and you have ALL the answers. President OBAMA has YOUR job! (you could do so much better)! I felt like that once, I was twelve. Looking backafterforty yearsI often wonder, how I could be so full of @#$% and have no clue?
Dude, seriously? When have I ever claimed to have ALL the answers? Your beef is with me being critical of the police. A 78 year old man threatens to shoot himself, and they send a 40 man PLATOON to shoot bean bags at him. You think I lack respect for the police, give this guy a call and ask his opinion.

Since you areso convinced that I hate all cops, simply because I don't respect them and their job, let's talk about other professions as well. Firefighters, animal control, military, burger flippers, trash collectors, postal workers... the list is endless. I have no respect for them either, save for the few people that I do respect that just happen to hold one of those various jobs. Hell, I don't respect most of the people on this website. WHY? Because most of them I have never met, and thusthey have not earned my respect.

Being a police officer is just a job. Period. Just like my job as a U.S. Soldier. I do it to earn a paycheck. Other people have a different opinion, and that's great. If you are or were a cop, sweet. Good for you. If you are or were lettuce picker, sweet. Good for you. I don't care what anyone does to earn their paycheck, as long as they are a productive member of society.

holy cow wrote:
Fourth: Clearly I hit a nerve and you cant respond on your own. Make it public, get backup!! It must be lonley for you in your world of self pity and isolation.

I suggest you get some help. There is a wide range of support services available for you.

Medication and hospitals are also available.
The only nerve you have struck is the onethat tells me that in your infinite age and wisdom, that you still can't comprehend what I am trying to say. If I have done my math correctly, I understand that you are representing yourself to be a 52 year old man. That meansyou have 22 more years of life experience than I do. We could all learn a lot from you,but it seems that you would rather come to a website and bitch about differing opinions. And then returnagain after being banned to start it all over.

thx997303

imported post

SGT, I don't believe there is any way to change the mind of this particular poster.

His arrogance and ignorance have shown through almost every post he has made.

It is thanks to individuals like these that our great country is sliding ever closer to a police state.

mr cow, you just continue to blindly worship every person that ever wore the uniform of a LEO.

Including every one that is currently incarcerated for their crimes.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I am perplexed by Mr Cows statements he has made. I fail to understand your logic when in relation to police.

There are a lot of police officers out their that care for the laws. Every encounter I have had with police for the most part has been civil. I don't agree with their actions and for the most part border on civil rights's violations.

I work with a lot of very good police officers who go out every day and earn their paychecks. The issue I have is not every police officer deserves my respect right off the get go. Their actions and how they carry themselves mean a lot more.

When I was in the Army their were some soldiers who did not earn my respect. Others that their was not anything I would not have done for them because I knew they would never lead me astray as a new private in the Army.

Mr Cow it is hard for me to stand by and watch you belittle others on this forum. I have worked with one of them and met other at the meet up. Gone on outing's on the Motorcycle's and have respect for them.

Sgt Jensen has always given me great advice and is a wealth of Information. He has paid the ultimate price for my freedom I enjoy today. Same with THX both of these individuals. Are outstanding citizens that have earned my respect for them.

Zach

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
Every cop who earns my respect, gets my respect; until then, they're just another stranger, and in todays society, I treat all strangers with caution.
Agreed. "Be polite, be professional, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."