Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry at Liberty 101 TEA Party?

Post imported post

I'm about to head down to Richmond to go to the Liberty 101 TEA Party. Its at the Chesterfield Fairgrounds which is right across the street from Byrd High School and a little ways down the street from the courthouse. Philip of VCDL will be speaking there at 1pm (I believe). Being that it is across the street from a high school is OC/CC off limits?

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

There is not reason for firearms prohibited. Expect a great many of us OCing there, today.

Post imported post

I like how Fox Radio announced the Tax Party as "200 people protesting the Healthcare bill at Chesterfield Fairgrounds."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Icetera wrote:
    I like how Fox Radio announced the Tax Party as "200 people protesting the Healthcare bill at Chesterfield Fairgrounds."
    'sOK. Let 'em keep getting it wrong. There is a reason traditional news is suffering.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

These are a small portion of the pictures I took and they are unedited. I am tired and have bullets to cast tonight...I'll edit and put more up as soon as I can. These will give a good idea of the people there.

The album is at http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...p/tea%20party/

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    These are a small portion of the pictures I took and they are unedited. I am tired and have bullets to cast tonight...I'll edit and put more up as soon as I can. These will give a good idea of the people there.

The album is at http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...p/tea%20party/

You got a picture of me and Brandon!

Post imported post

Did the fellow in this shot forget to load his gun or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMG_3375.jpg

Post imported post

curtiswr wrote:
    Did the fellow in this shot forget to load his gun or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Sure looks like it:shock:

Like I said,,,unedited. Sorry

Post imported post

This is what happens when a Diabetic doesn't eat, gets tired and casts bullets....Frosting:X

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    curtiswr wrote:

Looks like a HAMMER in that there holster! :what:
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    curtiswr wrote:

Looks like a HAMMER in that there holster! :what:
    Maybe he's from California and doesn't know of the freedoms we enjoy in Va.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

BTW - I am told that VCDL garnered 3 full pages of new members = 150 + to our membership.

The orange GSL stickers have been an unqualified success but right now the hot item is the GSL button. Everybody wants them, they are only a buck apiece and are not banned in the Coliseum.

Some people even buy them in quantity to give away as tokens of the appreciation. Works great in restaurants as a way getting remembered = great service next time. 'Course a nice tip doesn't hurt either.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Centurion

Post imported post

Icetera wrote:
    One of the coordinators told me that it was over 3,000. Just an order of magnitude or more misreporting by the media.

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    Icetera wrote:
    One of the coordinators told me that it was over 3,000. Just an order of magnitude or more misreporting by the media.
    See? The 3,000 number is an estimate of total attendance at Liberty101. There were about 200 people in the "admin building" listening to a speaker talk about the healthcare bill, so in all fairness the reported number of 200was pretty accurate. It's just selective reporting.

If 100 people gathered outside a politician's office to protest/support some issue and only 1 person spoke at the gathering it could still be accrately reported as "lone citizen speaks out about ___."

It's all about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Pick one.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

As I sat at my booth (which was swamped all day!), looking up and down the isles between the booths did not look so crowded. However, when I went over to the stage area it was packed (probably 250-300 people?) and the same with the inside area...all seats were full. In addition, as hot as it was many people came for only an hour or two and left. Some of the vendors estimated by sales that there were as many as 5,000 people in attendance over all, just not all at once.

I will post a link to pix and video (if I can figure out how to upload it!) later today or tomorrow.

I was totally amazed at the number of people who stopped by our booth an saw 4 women OCing and said, "Darn, if I know I could carry I would have!" This means we have a lot more work to do in the education department!

Shoot straight and be safe, y'all!

p.s., thanks for the nice picture above!

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    Icetera wrote:
    All of the Chesterfield County police who were there at the fairgrounds seemed to act with the utmost professionalism.

You see, nothing to recalibrate!

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    Icetera wrote:
    Foxatleast got the cause right (though still emphasized healthcare) at 10:00, but I do not recall a correction on the attendance. They downplayed it by talking about a group in support of the healthcare billwithin the same segment (though I strongly agree with showing both sides).

Post imported post

Icetera wrote:
    VCDL President wrote:
    Icetera wrote:
    Foxatleast got the cause right (though still emphasized healthcare) at 10:00, but I do not recall a correction on the attendance. They downplayed it by talking about a group in support of the healthcare billwithin the same segment (though I strongly agree with showing both sides).
    Maybe they got the numbers mixed up...it looked like the attendance at the pro-government health care was rather small!

Post imported post

GirlsWithGuns wrote:
    Icetera wrote:
    VCDL President wrote:
    Icetera wrote:
    Maybe they got the numbers mixed up...it looked like the attendance at the pro-government health care was rather small!
    Either way, as they say, its not about the size of the dog in the fight. It's about the size of the fight in the dog. If we each continue to correct misinformation, educate people, write our leaders and disregard PC we can do much more than the Tea Parties to lure people onto the side of liberty and the Constitution. The Tea Parties (I've been to 3 now) are nice and they are great for re-energizing yourself but they they don't do nearly as much as what the "collective" does individually. The trick is to fight as though you are the last person able to stop them.

Although I enjoyed the Tea Party, as I enjoy any gathering of like minded people, I was not as impressed with this version as I was with the tax day version. And it was much colder and wet at the tax day party. The Liberty 101 party just seemed to relax, too comfortable and too sterile. It felt more like an event than it did a peaceful protest. I hope we don't continue to neuter future gatherings. I want to leave one of these parties worked up, passionate and ready to fight. I left this party wondering where to go have a beer.

Post imported post

The Tea Parties are to a degree "preaching to the choir." Take a friend, a newbie.

Energize, get data - then go forth and gather more activists.

Isn't that the OC way?

Yata hey

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    The Tea Parties are to a degree "preaching to the choir." Take a friend, a newbie.

Isn't that the OC way?

Yata hey
    Exactly. My dad was supposed to go and I was going to get him to OC there but he wasn't feeling well. I did get my sister and her fiance to go. And I got all three of them GSL buttons and he even signed up with VCDL. So I guess I helped 2 people. It was also good for the two of them to see me carrying openly in front of police officers. I feel like that is one of the best things for others not familiar with OC to see.

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Isn't that the OC way?

Yata hey
    Exactly. My dad was supposed to go and I was going to get him to OC there but he wasn't feeling well. I did get my sister and her fiance to go. And I got all three of them GSL buttons and he even signed up with VCDL. So I guess I helped 2 people. It was also good for the two of them to see me carrying openly in front of police officers. I feel like that is one of the best things for others not familiar with OC to see.
    That is what these events are about to me. Introducing new people.

If every member of VCDL member brought one (1) new member a year, our numbers would double each year.

There are those that do more than that but too many "let Mickie do it."

Greater numbers = greater influence.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Speaking of OCing, I am curious of to how many people carrying parked in the school parking lots without realizing. The number of vehicles in the non-school parking area seemed small in comparison to the number of OCers I saw.

Centurion

Post imported post

Icetera wrote:
    Speaking of OCing, I am curious of to how many people carrying parked in the school parking lots without realizing. The number of vehicles in the non-school parking area seemed small in comparison to the number of OCers I saw.
    That is a good argument to at least get rid of any ban on the otherwise lawful carrying in the school parking areas.

Post imported post

I wouldn't park in my alma maters parking lot, as it would be illegal for me to leave my car (I have a CHP). I arrived first and called Chris (richarcm) to tell him to park 1/ mile up the street at the county parks offices. We then walked to the fairgrounds. There was a sign that said only volunteers and others with some sort of special pass could park on the fairgrounds. I was open-carrying, and I wanted to follow the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast