• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Liberty 101 TEA Party?

richarcm

imported post

I'm about to head down to Richmond to go to the Liberty 101 TEA Party. Its at the Chesterfield Fairgrounds which is right across the street from Byrd High School and a little ways down the street from the courthouse. Philip of VCDL will be speaking there at 1pm (I believe). Being that it is across the street from a high school is OC/CC off limits?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Icetera wrote:
I like how Fox Radio announced the Tax Party as "200 people protesting the Healthcare bill at Chesterfield Fairgrounds."
'sOK. Let 'em keep getting it wrong. There is a reason traditional news is suffering.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

These are a small portion of the pictures I took and they are unedited. I am tired and have bullets to cast tonight...I'll edit and put more up as soon as I can. These will give a good idea of the people there.

The album is at http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/peternap/tea party/

IMG_3353.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

This is what happens when a Diabetic doesn't eat, gets tired and casts bullets....Frosting:X

b2.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

BTW - I am told that VCDL garnered 3 full pages of new members = 150 + to our membership.

The orange GSL stickers have been an unqualified success but right now the hot item is the GSL button. Everybody wants them, they are only a buck apiece and are not banned in the Coliseum. :lol:

Some people even buy them in quantity to give away as tokens of the appreciation. Works great in restaurants as a way getting remembered = great service next time. 'Course a nice tip doesn't hurt either.

Yata hey

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Icetera wrote:
I like how Fox Radio announced the Tax Party as "200 people protesting the Healthcare bill at Chesterfield Fairgrounds."
One of the coordinators told me that it was over 3,000. Just an order of magnitude or more misreporting by the media.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

VCDL President wrote:
Icetera wrote:
One of the coordinators told me that it was over 3,000. Just an order of magnitude or more misreporting by the media.
See? The 3,000 number is an estimate of total attendance at Liberty101. There were about 200 people in the "admin building" listening to a speaker talk about the healthcare bill, so in all fairness the reported number of 200was pretty accurate. It's just selective reporting.

If 100 people gathered outside a politician's office to protest/support some issue and only 1 person spoke at the gathering it could still be accrately reported as "lone citizen speaks out about ___."

It's all about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Pick one.:D

stay safe.

skidmark

GirlsWithGuns

imported post

As I sat at my booth (which was swamped all day!), looking up and down the isles between the booths did not look so crowded. However, when I went over to the stage area it was packed (probably 250-300 people?) and the same with the inside area...all seats were full. In addition, as hot as it was many people came for only an hour or two and left. Some of the vendors estimated by sales that there were as many as 5,000 people in attendance over all, just not all at once.

I will post a link to pix and video (if I can figure out how to upload it!) later today or tomorrow.

I was totally amazed at the number of people who stopped by our booth an saw 4 women OCing and said, "Darn, if I know I could carry I would have!" This means we have a lot more work to do in the education department!

Shoot straight and be safe, y'all!

p.s., thanks for the nice picture above!

Repeater

imported post

VCDL President wrote:
Icetera wrote:

All of the Chesterfield County police who were there at the fairgrounds seemed to act with the utmost professionalism.

You see, nothing to recalibrate! :)

Icetera

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
imported post

VCDL President wrote:
Icetera wrote:
Foxatleast got the cause right (though still emphasized healthcare) at 10:00, but I do not recall a correction on the attendance. They downplayed it by talking about a group in support of the healthcare billwithin the same segment (though I strongly agree with showing both sides).

GirlsWithGuns

imported post

Icetera wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
Icetera wrote:
Foxatleast got the cause right (though still emphasized healthcare) at 10:00, but I do not recall a correction on the attendance. They downplayed it by talking about a group in support of the healthcare billwithin the same segment (though I strongly agree with showing both sides).
Maybe they got the numbers mixed up...it looked like the attendance at the pro-government health care was rather small!

richarcm

imported post

GirlsWithGuns wrote:
Icetera wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
Icetera wrote:
Maybe they got the numbers mixed up...it looked like the attendance at the pro-government health care was rather small!
Either way, as they say, its not about the size of the dog in the fight. It's about the size of the fight in the dog. If we each continue to correct misinformation, educate people, write our leaders and disregard PC we can do much more than the Tea Parties to lure people onto the side of liberty and the Constitution. The Tea Parties (I've been to 3 now) are nice and they are great for re-energizing yourself but they they don't do nearly as much as what the "collective" does individually. The trick is to fight as though you are the last person able to stop them.

Although I enjoyed the Tea Party, as I enjoy any gathering of like minded people, I was not as impressed with this version as I was with the tax day version. And it was much colder and wet at the tax day party. The Liberty 101 party just seemed to relax, too comfortable and too sterile. It felt more like an event than it did a peaceful protest. I hope we don't continue to neuter future gatherings. I want to leave one of these parties worked up, passionate and ready to fight. I left this party wondering where to go have a beer.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The Tea Parties are to a degree "preaching to the choir." Take a friend, a newbie.

Energize, get data - then go forth and gather more activists.

Isn't that the OC way?

Yata hey