• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Commentary notes open carry freedom in most of US to object to NY microstamping

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.uticaod.com/guest/x592697116/Guest-view-Ballistic-microstamping-law-as-it-relates-to-pistols-huge-waste-of-money

SNIP

Forty-four states do not require any type of license to purchase or own a handgun. Thirty-one states do not have any prohibition on public open carry of a handgun. By law, all gun owners in New York state must carry concealed in any public format. (Concealed means out of sight; the gun must be covered up).

The application process takes three to four months. The applicant undergoes an extensive background check that includes mental health, domestic and a criminal history check. All of this must be completed before a license to carry a handgun is issued.

New York is one of only three states that has a gun registry specific to both the owner and the gun. Every handgun I own has to be registered to me via my pistol license. If I sell that gun, there is a record of who purchased it from me; 47 states do not have this requirement.

DEROS72

imported post

Wow You folks back there have a battle .I have a daughter living in New York so I check on things from time to time.Here in Wa.State Open carry has become almost a non issue.I have open carried here for over a year.I OC into banks,at the Starbucks,Yesterday I walked right up to a county sheriff to complain about some gangbangers in our neighborhood.All he said when he saw my weapon "hell i'd carryto if I lived here" Here is a pick taken of me at he Tea party rally april 15th.in down town Seattle.I use it to show others that most cops don't care .Here in Wa. you don't need any license to open carry.You only have to have a permit to conceal.We are a shall issue state so if you ask they have to give you one.No reason required.

I carry an EAA Witness .45 and we are allowed to carry locked and loaded.Notice the police NOT bothering me.This is the way it should be everywhere.

Bustelo5%

imported post

I have to give you a big round of applause and anyone who carrys in Seattle being that the WTO was one of the best reasons to move out of Washington out of princible and out of America straight up.
I am glad to hear that city is welcome to OC as I would like to fly threw there and check out that city the next time I got out to Hawaii and visit home.

DEROS72

imported post

One cop told me it's not us they worry about.It's is the left wing radicals that concern them.The news didn't show it but there were over 2000 people at this rally in this little sguare downdown. Quite a few where c`arring.Didn't seem to make the news untill AZ.As liberal as Seattle is it is (I'm not pretty far right myself)a very pro gun area.I have carrie on a bus,carrie into a downtown bank,everywhere and there are a lot of us so people are becoming accustomed to it.The idea that someone can decide for you wheather you have the right to personal defense is ludicrous.I am retired but have worked all my life ,paid my own way,Prided my own health care and I am a Vietnam combat veteran.The way I look at it no one tells me what my rights are..

Bustelo5%

imported post

Thank you so much for serving our country I no in some way you have made a difference for me. My dad is an Mp and I have been a carrer military bratt for 20 years of my life lol,so I have lot of respect for all of those who have thrown on the uniform of our military.

That is great news and I know that situation must have been quite different than even what any news or free news source will talk about.
Hopefully there wont be another WTO in that city again.

I live in Kent state(not a student) but I live here and when it comes time for Holleween the city goes in caos I make it a point to stay in a small town neer here when ever that goes on.

I look foward to coming out there on a visit and checking out the city,one of my favorite bands Death Cab For Cutie and Sunny Day Real Estate are both from there so I really want to check it out.