Thread: What type of ammo do you carry?

Post imported post

Just wondering what is popular around these parts? Hollow points? FMJ?

Is there any restrictions on types of ammo?

Post imported post

I normally carry hollow points.

Post imported post

Federal HST 147 gr. Really hard to find these days, but I have a nice stash... er I did before the damned boating accident.

Federal HST 147grain
    Comments: Excellent penetration and huge expansion too. I was shocked at how well these did. They were very uniform (even the undersides)
    and penetrated an inch deeper then the HST 124's. Probably one of the best (if not THE best) rounds you can carry for self defence in a 9mm.
    On the far right is a Golden Saber 147gr for comparison.
    Quote from the poster who took these pics and did the test over at www.btfh.net

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    er I did before the damned boating accident.
    Good lord, if it weren't for those boating accidents, I'd have a fortune... The government really should put tighter restrictions on boats...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

spartans wrote:
    Just wondering what is popular around these parts? Hollow points? FMJ?
    Anything I can get, really. I have a hard time finding much of anything. I carry .45 230gr FMJ.

Post imported post

I always keep 180gr Speer Gold Dots loaded (.40). Only got them based on a recommendation from a friend who has a lot of law enforcement in his family, and they're kinda expensive (especially these days) but I can't find a flaw with them and it's not like I need a lot to go plinknig with them =)

As far as restrictions, the only 'restrictions' I could think of in AZ would be things that are restricted at the federal level. For example, the AP rounds that FNH makes in 5.7mm are illegal (or at least impossible to obtain) for non-LE users. I'd say that tracers are an issue, but they are perfectly LEGAL in AZ. (Just make sure you don't burn the desert down, hehe.) Other than that, and probably some other armor piercing rounds, I really can't think of any specific ammo type that would be restricted in AZ.

Post imported post

i carry 110 grain corbon power ball rounds for my 357 sig.

Post imported post

I carry cheap rainier plated slugs in my own -P reloads.

Better than the mag full of nothing I would have otherwise...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

I dunno... .45 acp FMJ Ball... the hottest of whateverI can get when I can get it.

Post imported post

124gr Federal HST's
    9mm of course....I'd love to go up to the 147gr. as I've read great stuff, but I can't find any right now.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I dunno... .45 acp FMJ Ball... the hottest of whateverI can get when I can get it.
    thats pretty much how iv been lately. found a box of FMJs for a good deal so i loaded that up until i found one JHP hiding in my couch so thats my first shot then all FMJ after that.

Post imported post

Wow. If you're near Chandler you can pick up (9) Wichester JHP's I have from my old .45.

They are just sitting in my closet.

Post imported post

Arizona Gun Emporium at Thorneydale 'n Orange Grove's got some ammo! 'Least they did yesterday. Picked up 2 boxes ea. of .38 spl 'n .40 S&W for my wife. 'Bout $102. for the lot... but at least I could replenish the larder. She was down to about 20 rounds.

Post imported post

Winchester white box 147gr JHP 9mm mostly.

When I carry the Blackhawk it's stoked with rather warm 170gr JHP handloads.
    http://arizonagunowners.com - The best AZ gun board around!

Post imported post

"Arizona Gun Emporium at Thorneydale 'n Orange Grove's got some ammo! 'Least they did yesterday. Picked up 2 boxes ea. of .38 spl 'n .40 S&W for my wife. 'Bout $102. for the lot... but at least I could replenish the larder. She was down to about 20 rounds."

Holy Crapoly! I know I've been out of the commercial ammo loop for a while now, since I'm doing my own reloads, but sheesh!

I went and looked at the price of a box of S&B 45 FMJ (like the last commercial I bought quite a while back). I think I paid $18 a box back then, and Cheaper-than-Dirt wants $38 per box now!

What the heck happened?

Post imported post

Obama happened.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

I carry a .45 cal 267 grain hollow point.

Ya there is no ammo left any more everybody is on a spending fenzy for ammo, i also reload as well and the main problem i have is finding primers for small bore rounds i have gotten the primers for large bore rounds by the boat loads just because i guess it is harder to conceal a large bore weapon.