• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gauging interest in UOC in Long Beach.

iRIGHTi

imported post

New member here. Happy to be on board and hope I can contribute.

USAF veteran (SP '78+). CA G card and exposed permit holder. Avid semi-autobeltfed,50 cal bolt rifle, and pistolshooter. I'm one one of the founders of a non-profit which raises money for the Wounded Warriors Project@ Camp Pendeltonand various people inneed of assistance with 2nd Amendment financial legal aid help. Long time member of 1919a4.com and not so long over at Cal-Guns. Maybe some of you have met me at our Lytle Creek beltfed shoots.

I've done quite of bit of reading and re-reading on many forumsover the past year+ re the legalities of UOC and spoken with some who are very informed on the subject.I would like to gauge interest in setting up a large UOC event/gathering in Long Beach sometime in late August or early September, 2009. I know a writer from the LB Press Telegram who may be interested in covering the gathering as well.

I am a Long Beach resident. Know the area and all LBUSD and charter school locations well and the 1000 foot exclusion zones. Long Beach/Belmont Shorebeing centrally located between Los Angeles/SF Valley, Riverside, San Bernadino, Orange and San Diego Counties, I thought it could be a good location for everyone to meet within and hour or so drive. LBPDwould be notified of the event12-24 hours before occuring. I spoke with the owner of arestaurant in Belmont Shore todaythat would be happy to have us have his place as a meeting up place and for lunch, restrooms etc.

This is simply a thread for those who are interested, not to start a new UOC discussion. Plenty of other threads for that and a new one may be started as well.In our beloved sport, there isalways is strength in numbers as we well know!

Please post,or e-mail me (scott @ 1919bmg.com - *remove the spaces*)if you are interested and with any Q's you may have. More details to follow if enough interest develops over the next 7-10 days. Thanks! :D

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Welcome to the OCDO forums!

I never knew there was a belt fed shooters group, very cool.

The only belt fed guns I've used are the M60, SAW, and the M134.
2174063342_26b1a4807c.jpg

Hope you have a good turn out for a Long Beach event.

iRIGHTi

imported post

thx for the reply BA! i had an M60depending on post myself back in my AF days. was no SAW back then. sure would like to get on an M134! maybe at Big Sandy AZ next time around!our beltfed groups next Lytle Creek shoot is scheduled for Saturday Sept 12th. come on out and get some M2 and/or .30 cal 1919 time in! it's all for a GREAT cause! OUR TROOPS! sweet pic btw! THX for your service! {{{salute here}}}

iRIGHTi

imported post

wow! only one day and i've received6 e-mails confirming to attend. hope it keeps up! strength in numbers! i'm meeting with the best weapons atty aroundand my friend at the Press Telegram this week about covering the get together. more info to follow over the next 1-2 weeks.

for those who prefer not to or are non members of this forum, no need to post here to confirm attending if you don't want to. simply e-mail me at my addy above. thx and God Bless OUR Troops!

iRIGHTi

imported post

thanks for your positive e-mails. understand some can and some can't attend for various reasons. those who do, do so on behalf of all. we're up to 11. strength in numbers. :arrow:

iRIGHTi

imported post

thanks for your positive e-mails. understand some can and some can't attend for various reasons. those who do, do so on behalf of all. we're up to 11. strength in numbers. :arrow: