• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tucson OC dinner pics

kenpoprofessor

imported post

IMG_9770.jpg

IMG_9789.jpg

IMG_9772.jpg

IMG_9788.jpg

IMG_9785.jpg
[/quote]

kenpoprofessor

imported post

IMG_9790.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9784.jpg

IMG_9781.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg
[/quote]

Weren't but 5 folks from Tucson at this thing, very disappointing to say the least. But for the ones that did, you guys ROCK.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Lew

imported post

I really wanted to make this. Wasn't able to pull it off. Hope everyone had a good time.

Dahwg

imported post

Lew wrote:
I really wanted to make this.  Wasn't able to pull it off.  Hope everyone had a good time.

Yep me too, I really wanted to go. Who are all the people? The Tucsonans that showed up? That way if I see you around town I'll be able to put a face to the screen name. I so want to make the next one- I'll make it work somehow.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

What really amazes me is, this is supposed to be the premier forum for the nation of Open Carrying. We have events to emphasize our rights, and almost no one shows up. Do you see the irony?

I OC pretty much everywhere if I go out, and I make it a point to go to these dinners with others to educate the public in their right to do so as well. We've been having these for 4 months now, and had only 1 person from Tucson at the Phoenix dinners, so, it was time for us to go down there for him, and to support the other Tucson members of this site.

Very sad, very sad indeed.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Michigander

imported post

Gun ownership is so common and accepted in Arizona that celebrating it, to some folks, will seem unnecessary. This is also exacerbated by the very laid back attitude common along the southwester border. Generally speaking of Arizona, I think the more enthusiastic open carriers are the "western free stater's" who transplanted themselves there seeking a better, more free life, and you'll find a lot more of them in the valley.

That said, 5 isn't bad at all. In Michigan sometimes we've been lucky to get 5 people total to show up at a meeting.

Dahwg

imported post

Saturday dinners just don't work for me because we only have one car and my wife works weekend nights. Lunch we both could have made. Same problem with the Phoenix OC events- I certainly would love to go to one but I'm gonna have to wait until our schedules sync with normal people.

PavePusher

imported post

Prof., my apologies, I would have gone to this, but somehow I missed that it was happening. (Been pretty busy with some promotion and personal relationship issues, haven't been monitoring OCDO closely the last week or three.:banghead:) I certainly want to attend the next one, please add me to your contact list if you plan another.

On a related note, if anyone needs a ride to the next event from the Rita Ranch area, I would be glad to car-pool, I can fit one full-size and one or two midsize or flexibleadults into my Toyota Tacoma Xtracab.

Looks like a good time was had.:)

RockyAcres

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
... Who are all the people? The Tucsonans that showed up? That way if I see you around town I'll be able to put a face to the screen name. I so want to make the next one- I'll make it work somehow.

Don and I (Pam) are wearing the "God Is My Victory Lane" t-shirts. Ya might see us tooling around on our bikes (east Tucson), both of us OCing as much as possible.

Jim March is seated against the wall, under the picture frame...I think he's a Tucsonan...

I also think the fella in the white striped shirt is from here...but I don't recall his name.

Lew

imported post

I don't see why you're taking it so personally, Prof. Just because your life offers you the flexibility to go to all the dinners, doesn't mean everyone else's does. Frankly, I don't appreciate the scolding.