• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sir are you allowed?....

1*

imported post

I am new to this website but I have been open carrying for quite some time now. Here is a situation I ran into that I thought was pretty funny.

I was out with the wife and some of her friends at bingo, (yes she dragged me) and one of the employees came up leaned over to me and whispered are you allowed to carry your gun in here. I smiled real big leaned closer to him and whispered yep. When I said that he stood up and said some of his customers were worried and had asked him about it. This is funny and sad.

More Alaskans should carry openly and often to get rid of this stigma of people with guns is scary. If your a gun owner and you prefer to carry concealed and you see a gun owner carrying openly, please acknowledge them some how to let us know that you support us exercising our right. I know I don't carry openly all the time due to family and places I go but I think if more of us openly supported one another we would change a lot of peoples minds about carrying openly. Especially the bystanders.

FarNorth

imported post

I now open carry probably 90% of the time and so far have not been asked about it. I live on the east side of town so most of my shopping and what not tends to be over there. I'm in Freddy's quite often and I'm pretty much convinced most people are just totally unaware of their surroundings and don't even notice I have pistol on my hip. I open carry to work every day and fortunately my boss has no problem with it. I do lock it up when I need to visit our clients businesses but that's only because I don't want to take the chance of loosing a client that may have issues.

Peacemaker

imported post

Depending on the type of business, that is what a sport coat is for :)

I figure if a client asks if I would like to take off my coat, I can make up an excuse about being a little cold :)

protias

imported post

Peacemaker wrote:

I figure if a client asks if I would like to take off my coat, I can make up an excuse about being a little cold :)
Until you start sweating like a pig. :p

PT111

imported post

protias wrote:
Peacemaker wrote:

Until you start sweating like a pig. :p
Pigs don't sweat. That is why they wallow in the mud, to keep cool. In reality a pig is a very clean animal if in a controled climate where they can keep cool. :lol:

protias

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Pigs don't sweat. That is why they wallow in the mud, to keep cool. In reality a pig is a very clean animal if in a controled climate where they can keep cool. :lol:

Ok, ok, you've won this round! :X :cuss: :p

FarNorth

imported post

Not a sport coat type of guy.. I'm probably going to get more compact pistol to wear in situations like that, something that's a bit easier to conceal under my waist band when it gets warm in the summer. I figure it's a good reason to pick up another pistol anyway. Only problem is I have to wait until I can buy two because my wife wont let me buy another gun unless I buy her one also,, lol.. Not a bad problem to have actually...

hmm,, roast pig,, I'm hungry now..