• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry and OC

1*

imported post

I am visiting family in MS from Alaska (home of some of the best gun laws in America)and will be going back and forth across state lines. What are the restrictions in carrying in State parks. How are the LEO's down there dealing with OCers?

To all gun owners who carry concealed if you see someone OCing tell them you apprciate them doing that or acknowledge them some how to build confidence in some of the new OCers. The more people we get OCing the more familure and comfortablethe sheep in America (and LEOs) will be with us law abiding Americans OCing.

Oscarr

imported post

1* wrote:
I am visiting family in MS ...
Don't take my word on it (ask in the MS forums) but last I heard, it's TECHNICALLY ok to OC in MS, but if you don't have a CHP they try to arrest based on the partial-concealment of the holster. Not sure if it's still that way though, but I'd definitely look into it before just walking around.

WheelGUNpacker

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Oscarr wrote:
if you don't have a CHP they try to arrest based on the partial-concealment of the holster.
A Prosecutor who advanced that argument would be subject to disbarment for lying to the court.
Man on Man just think another cool law suit! I'm in! Be down there in a few days!

FreeCitizen

imported post

1* wrote:
To all gun owners who carry concealed if you see someone OCing tell them you apprciate them doing that or acknowledge them some how to build confidence in some of the new OCers. The more people we get OCing the more familure and comfortablethe sheep in America (and LEOs) will be with us law abiding Americans OCing.
+1