• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone heard what happened to Anty?

Bat21

imported post

FreeCitizen wrote:
The charges are justified. A justified homicide - " shall not apply when the person committing the homicide is engaged, at the time of the homicide, in the acquisition of, the distribution of, or possession of, with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the provisions of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law".

+1

From the reports... I will say he played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

rmansu2

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
The headline is, Clinton drug deal leaves man dead; three arrested.

Looks like a drug deal the story says "An apparent drug deal went sour Friday night in Clinton.

Seem like Matthew and Barnes were at Matthew's residence Friday about 11pm when AnthonyManzella and Andrew Robertson both of Hammond arrived for an apparent drug deal.
As Manzella and Robertson entered the residence Matthew pulled out an AK-47 assault rifle and struck Manzella on theback of the head with the butt of the gun, Dunn said (Dunn is from Clinton PD) Manzella responded by shooting Matthew once with a .40 cal. Glock and Matthew died withinminutes.

After the shooting the three men ran out in the street and Barnes approached a Clinton police officer who just happened to be patrolling the street at that moment Dunn said.
The LEO stopped all three and arrested them CPD recovered the glock and one shell casing from the glock and the AK.
Manzella's head wound was treated by Acadian at the scene.

The are questioning one other person who may have been involved.

the booked Johnny Barnes 27, 3302 Quiet Lane, Jackson, Anthony Manzella, 19, 52423 Piazza Rd. Hammond and Andrew Robertson, 23 14568 Kohnke Hill Rd. Hammond.
Is this on the web? If so, can you post a link. In the paper, Sunday's Advocate? I can't seem to find this story?

Dustin

imported post

Here's Anty's whole story in the news paper.

He's currently in jail, no bond on 1st Degree Murder charges at 19 years old.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=281724&postcount=130

2ezcasgg6ahzd3api1vj.jpg

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not much info about the "drug deal" in the article. Why would they knowingly run out in the street to grab a cop to bring him up to where the drug deal was going on? Yes, I know someone had just been shot, but at that point... why? IF it was a drug deal.

charlie12

imported post

IA-Pro wrote:
Not much info about the "drug deal" in the article. Why would they knowingly run out in the street to grab a cop to bring him up to where the drug deal was going on? Yes, I know someone had just been shot, but at that point... why? IF it was a drug deal.
Nobody said he was smart. NOBODY goes in the Bottoms in Clinton unless it's something with drugs.

rmansu2

imported post

Curious how and when they found that this was a drug deal. It doesn't say what they were there to buy nor does it say how many drugs they found. It is possible that Anty did not know about the drugs and this is the first reported case of "hit the guy with the gun first." I think we need to be on the look out for more info.

Charlie, I too periodically spend time in Clinton. Never have I been there for drugs. Typically it's to visit friends.

I will say that if I were to take a friend to someone elses house that I don't know, I would probably not be carrying. If I were carrying and wasstruck with an AK-47, not sure what my reaction would be. Something had to lead up to this incident for two people to pull guns in a home. Drugs, money, stupid looks, who knows? I say lets see what comes of it and wait for more info.

charlie12

imported post

rmansu2 wrote:
Curious how and when they found that this was a drug deal. It doesn't say what they were there to buy nor does it say how many drugs they found. It is possible that Anty did not know about the drugs and this is the first reported case of "hit the guy with the gun first." I think we need to be on the look out for more info.

Charlie, I too periodically spend time in Clinton. Never have I been there for drugs. Typically it's to visit friends.

I will say that if I were to take a friend to someone elses house that I don't know, I would probably not be carrying. If I were carrying and wasstruck with an AK-47, not sure what my reaction would be. Something had to lead up to this incident for two people to pull guns in a home. Drugs, money, stupid looks, who knows? I say lets see what comes of it and wait for more info.
I'm not talking about going to Clinton only a certain part of Clinton where the shooting took place.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I met Anthony at one of our meet-ups. He did not strike me as a druggie. He seemed like a fairly normal 19 year-old - with a bit of an "edgy" look about him, but who doesn't go through a phase where they try to stand out a bit.

I'm going to withhold judgement on this until there's more to the story brought forth.

derf

imported post

Innocent until proven guilty. I hope it works out for the kid.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

rmansu2 wrote:
If I were carrying and wasstruck with an AK-47, not sure what my reaction would be. Something had to lead up to this incident for two people to pull guns in a home. Drugs, money, stupid looks, who knows? I say lets see what comes of it and wait for more info.
The reaction would be....pain. Followed quickly by self-defense.

Once the guns are out, well, they started getting pointed, shouting ensues, triggers get pulled...

rmansu2 wrote:
...It doesn't say what they were there to buy nor does it say how many drugs they found. It is possible that Anty did not know about the drugs...

Or maybe he was on an undercover mission to, uhm, root out some bad drug guys who have been terrorizing the neighborhood?

rmansu2 wrote:
...and this is the first reported case of "hit the guy with the gun first."

Yes, it could be, thisis not yet confirmed,the first reported case of: A legal open carrier commits crime while open carrying.
:(

Bat21

imported post

IA-Pro wrote:
Because wanna b gangsta's flipping stuff out of their parents houses freak the fawk out when shit goes bad... Typical...

imported post

What a sad state of affairs.
Thanks to all the diehard, 100% statists we now have infesting this once-great Republic, a young man's life is destroyed. Not by drugs, not by bullets, but by the self-imposed righteousness most Amerikans are so damned proud of. Yes, I am talking about you.

Take a look in the mirror, a long, hard look. There you will see the person truly responsible for this situation.

If any of you had a true understanding of the principles upon which the founders established this nation of once-sovereign citizens, you'd already understand, but you don't.

Anty didn't act to take someone else's life but to preserve his own. You and I have the right from the LORD to defend our own lives, even this absurd man's law recognizes that inherent right. But Anty isn't allowed that same right. Why?
Because of all the intentionally ignorant Amerikans who have rallied behind the War on Drugs in their small-minded efforts to force others to live according to their preferences, God-given rights be damned.

Attack of the small minds commences in 10-9-8..................

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Anty didn't act to take someone else's life but to preserve his own.
Details.

Details, Mark.

What can you inform us with about this incident?

How did Anty506 act "to preserve his own" life?

Bat21

imported post

Thanks to all the diehard, 100% statists we now have infesting this once-great Republic, a young man's life is destroyed. Not by drugs, not by bullets, but by the self-imposed righteousness most Amerikans are so damned proud of. Yes, I am talking about you.

Take a look in the mirror, a long, hard look. There you will see the person truly responsible for this situation.

If any of you had a true understanding of the principles upon which the founders established this nation of once-sovereign citizens, you'd already understand, but you don't.

Anty didn't act to take someone else's life but to preserve his own. You and I have the right from the LORD to defend our own lives, even this absurd man's law recognizes that inherent right. But Anty isn't allowed that same right. Why?
Because of all the intentionally ignorant Amerikans who have rallied behind the War on Drugs in their small-minded efforts to force others to live according to their preferences, God-given rights be damned.

Well then we blame you most of all, the almighty MEM.. Anty at the pure age of 19 sought out the way of the OC with you as his mentor.. He followed you blindly in your footsteps with numerous LEO encounters defending the right to OC. He shared meals with you, listening ever so diligently, while you spewed your gospel upon his virgin ears. Thats right Mark, your to blame for his actions.. YOU...

Attack of a sellout will begin in 10-9-8...

hsmith

imported post

I think all drugs should be legal.

But, they most def are not at this point and time.

I think FA firearms should be legal to make

But they are not at this time.

Like it or not, he was committing a crime and killed someone during the commission of the crime.

He played a dumb game and won a dumb prize. He has no one to blame for himself.

Part of the responsibility of carrying a firearm is not getting yourself into dangerous situations (or at least avoiding them). Reading over his posts here and on other forums, he most certainly was looking for trouble on several occasions. He was looking for trouble and found it. End of story. Like it or not, drugs, at this point in time is dealt by dangerous people. He made a stupid decision that will cost him his freedom.

derf

imported post

You guys are reaching. If you know some facts, other than what is in the article (which may or may not be totally factual), please share.

I HOPE anty acted appropriately.
I HOPE he didn't kill someone in a drug deal gone bad.

IF the facts show that he was trying to buy drugs or rip off a drug dealer or acted inappropriately, I HOPE he gets what he deserves.

IF he was just defending himself then I HOPE he beats the rap.

You guys either have him as a convicted thug or a saintly martyr to the OC cause.

Also, if there is a trial you can bet his postings will be used against him. Keep that in mind. Phrases like "good kill" can be used to sway judges and jurors.