• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S&W 9mm Sigma SW9VE Holster and Accessories

HessMan1075

imported post

I Just bought my first gun S&W 9mm Sigma SW9VE, and i need to get some stuff for it, mostly a holster and a cleaning kit. anyone have any suggestions. Im new to all this, so i dont know much about a lot of brands or what fits what right.

Thanks All

Randy

gb8106

imported post

I would suggest shopping online. Serpa makes a nice holster, so does fobus. Do u want a hard plastic, nice leather, or other? What type of carry open or concealed?

gb8106

imported post

As I stated before online holsters would prob be the best buyfor u, but if you have a local gun shop I would try their first just so you can get an idea of what you want and style. Since you are going for open carry look for a holster that would be a good fit for yourself. IE high ride, mid ride, or low ride pick one you think would be most practical for you application, and most convenient for you body type and ability to quickly remove the firearm from the holster. If you find a good leather holsterthat you like I would also suggestbreaking it in with a lithium grease product, it helps with the stretching of the holster and eases the tension when unholstering.

Sidearm.40

imported post

I have the .40 version of the same sidearm. I own both the Fobus HK-1 and the Blackhawk Sportster Serpa. The Fobus is a great holster, but when it comes to open carry I like the Blackhawk better.

The retention is better on the Sportster, not bad on the Fobus, but I have had friends able to remove my sidearm when carrying in the Fobus, and have not had anyone able to remove the gun from the Sportster. I really like the fact that you are able to adjust the ride on the Sportster and it sits in a little tighter than the Fobus. Neither however is leather so that's the downside.

I guess I'm just a big believer in the fact that if I am going to exercise my right, it is also my responsibility to make sure that I am carrying it as securely as possible.