Thread: XD question

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I have a nice black leather thumb break military holster meant for the Beretta 92 9mm.

Is the Springfield Armory XD pistol similar in size to the Beretta 92. Or any other pistols that I can use in my holster?

I think this holster with a cheaper black pistol would be I nice OC setup. When I want to be discrete while OC'ing and could afford to have seized by ilinformed police.

Post imported post

vmaxanarchist wrote:
    I have a nice black leather thumb break military holster meant for the Beretta 92 9mm.

Is the Springfield Armory XD pistol similar in size to the Beretta 92. Or any other pistols that I can use in my holster?

I think this holster with a cheaper black pistol would be I nice OC setup. When I want to be discrete while OC'ing and could afford to have seized by ilinformed police.
    1) Which size XD?

2) 5" XD is probably roughly the same general size as the 92 but the outline is very different, so I doubt they would fit in the same holster.

3) I personally wouldn't carry any gun in a holster that is not designed by manufacturer to carry this specific gun. I don't think it's a sound practice.

Post imported post

The thumb break would most likely depress the grip safety.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    The thumb break would most likely depress the grip safety.
    Unless it goes over the hammer like on my holster. Don't know about the military ones though.

Either way, I wouldn't do it.

Post imported post

Same height, same thickness.
    The Beretta is one inch longer.
    The xd barrel is one inch shorted than the beretta.

Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks for the information guys. The next thing I have to try is bringing the holster to a gun store and seeing if they would let me try a XD in it.

I do not have a picture of it right now, but the holster is not molded to a specific gun shape. What matters more is that the thumb-break fits properly. The thumb-break is designed to go over the hammer. It also has an open muzzle. So, another pistol can be a little longer.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Jeeper what XD model/caliber is in that picture?

Post imported post

XD40, 40 s&w.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

I have both XD and a XDm and I use a Black Hawk holster that works great for a OC as well as a CCW.

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,