• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD question

vmaxanarchist

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have a nice black leather thumb break military holster meant for the Beretta 92 9mm.

Is the Springfield Armory XD pistol similar in size to the Beretta 92. Or any other pistols that I can use in my holster?

I think this holster with a cheaper black pistol would be I nice OC setup. When I want to be discrete while OC'ing and could afford to have seized by ilinformed police.

Chaingun81

imported post

vmaxanarchist wrote:
I have a nice black leather thumb break military holster meant for the Beretta 92 9mm.

Is the Springfield Armory XD pistol similar in size to the Beretta 92. Or any other pistols that I can use in my holster?

I think this holster with a cheaper black pistol would be I nice OC setup. When I want to be discrete while OC'ing and could afford to have seized by ilinformed police.

1) Which size XD?

2) 5" XD is probably roughly the same general size as the 92 but the outline is very different, so I doubt they would fit in the same holster.

3) I personally wouldn't carry any gun in a holster that is not designed by manufacturer to carry this specific gun. I don't think it's a sound practice.

jeeper1

imported post

Same height, same thickness.
The Beretta is one inch longer.
The xd barrel is one inch shorted than the beretta.
beretta92fsvsxd40.jpg

vmaxanarchist

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for the information guys. The next thing I have to try is bringing the holster to a gun store and seeing if they would let me try a XD in it.

I do not have a picture of it right now, but the holster is not molded to a specific gun shape. What matters more is that the thumb-break fits properly. The thumb-break is designed to go over the hammer. It also has an open muzzle. So, another pistol can be a little longer.

zack991

imported post

I have both XD and a XDm and I use a Black Hawk holster that works great for a OC as well as a CCW.
Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg