Thread: Ken Blanchard supports open carry rights

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://libertymaven.com/2009/07/27/m...blanchard/6652

SNIP

As I become more acquainted with firearms I’m starting to believe that owning and knowing how to operate a gun is a political declaration. The open carry of a firearm is like holding up a sign in public that reads: I demand to be free. Of course, many self defense experts will preach using concealment as the preferred method of carrying a self-defense weapon. With concealment you have the element of surprise and you are not advertising yourself as a “first target” for a would-be attacker. Still others argue that openly displaying a firearm can be a deterrent in itself. I suppose it all depends on the attacker’s state of mind.

Post imported post

AMEN.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

My open carry draw is 1.3 seconds... My concealed carry draw is a bit longer...hope the attacker can wait ...

Banned

Post imported post

Show your colors .

The cops know that showing their colors loudly worksas a deterrent .

My white handled grips on The S&W J frame tells the predators that I'm poisonous . Predators are cunning enough not to risk injury and possible render themselves an easy prey .

Of course a BG with a fried brain is going to act regardless of the circumstances and the speed of Open Carry outweighs all other arguments .

1.] Why don't cops CC ?

2.] Guns Prevent Violence . . . . . [ Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence ] bullchit

3.] Unite & Vote * * * 2010 & 2012

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Kenn joined us at the OC luncheon in Fairfax on Saturday. I thank whoever issued a special invitation (it may have been 10mm), and than Kenn for joining us.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Of course, many self defense experts will preach using concealment as the preferred method of carrying a self-defense weapon. With concealment you have the element of surprise and you are not advertising yourself as a “first target” for a would-be attacker.
    Show me one documented case where the BG intentionally picked out the OCer and shot them first. Of course that implies that there were other target opportunities available as well.

As for "feeling empowered" - you betcha! It's called taking personal responsibility for me and mine. Yes, there are a small number of mall ninjas out there, but for the most part we are just trying to get home at the end of the day with the same number of parts sticking out as we had when we left home, and the same number of holes as when we left home. Getting home with all our property - or even more - is a bonus. (I like bonuses.)

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I think Ken has been a supporter of OC for some time. He and Danbus talked in Richmond at the last lobby day, and he has been familiar with OCDO for some time. I had suggested he come to Tidewater's dinners in the past, but the distance is daunting since he lives in DC. (Is this perhaps why he is a "new gun owner"?)

I'm glad someone invited him to a NOVA dinner, and hope he keeps in touch with us. We can provide support and publicity for one another. The civil rights aspect of owning AND CARRYING guns needs always to be emphasized, and the bigotry behind gun control needs to be exposed.