• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal . ? . Back Scabbard . for Cruiser Shotgun . OC

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Is it legal to Open Carry a Cruiser Shotgun with a pistol grip in a back scabbard ?

Alice uses a Mossberg 590 " Compact Cruiser " Open Carried in a back scabbard .

A bandalera sling for ammomight be better .

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Is it legal to Open Carry a Cruiser Shotgun with a pistol grip in a back scabbard ?

Alice uses a Mossberg 590 " Compact Cruiser " Open Carried in a back scabbard .

A bandalera sling for ammomight be better .

LOL, who cares in Alice's context? The "Zombie Apocalypse" has already happened, and they certainly aren't going to bring her to court.:cool:

Legba

imported post

Yeah, if it's to the point where you need to walk around with a riot gun, then I wouldn't worry about a scabbard/sheath for it at all.

-ljp

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Legba wrote:
Yeah, if it's to the point where you need to walk around with a riot gun, then I wouldn't worry about a scabbard/sheath for it at all.

-ljp

:D Practice of Open Carry and familiarity in all environments .

Is it legal ?

Here's Josh Randell of " Wanted : Dead or Alive " OCing An 1892 Winchester cut down to a 9 " barrel Mare's Leg . While this rifle/pistol is chambered for the .44-40 round , McQueen is sporting the .45-70 rounds in the gun belt loops .

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Funny guy came into the shop yesterday OCing his new coach gun in a back scabbard.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Movies are fantasy. Below is real.:dude:

s7_216598_imageset_01

unreconstructed1

imported post

Rambo OC's a M60 in First blood too, and Superman flies in "Superman Returns"...

movies are just that... movies.
if your motives for carrying are to "look cool like the guy in that movie", then maybe you need to re-evaluate your perspective...

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
Rambo OC's a M60 in First blood too, and Superman flies in "Superman Returns"...

if your motives for carrying are to "look cool like the guy in that movie", then maybe you need to re-evaluate your perspective...
your a dork, hats serve more then one purpose, keeping the sun out of your face, and today you have different styles of fashion with the cap also. Same applies to firearms, that's why there are so many different types,makes,models , metals, plating's and engravings of firearms altogether. He showing you pictures of movies, cause that the only place you see those types of weapons, they are real guns that actually shoot real ammo, so what exactly is the problem with that, are you basically saying his unrealistic. Look, to each there own, if you just wanna carry a plain 9mm, or any Jane gun, for just self protection, then so be it, but alot of us actually care about the way our firearms look and react, hell if your carrying it all the time, shouldn't you fully like the gun your carrying, like , lets say your self phone, or wallet, or which direction you have your hair combed, etc etc etc.

unreconstructed1

imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:

your a dork,
wow...

look, I never said, "don't OC a SBR m16, all I said was that if you are doing it because you saw some guy in a movie do it, maybe that's the wrong perspective...

I personally like the Serbu super shorty, and I'd like to own the custom made holster as well.... would I be OCing it to the WALMART? probably not...

now I agree that nice looking guns are one thing ( take the gold plated pistols from face/off, or the pair of compensated pistols from punisher for example) but he's asking about a OCing a shotgun for Christs sake....

wow, never mind objection withdrawn...
:banghead:

TheMrMitch

imported post

Well, My 11 inch double barrel shotgun with hammers and pistol grip will be here Wednesday (second try) and I plan on carrying her slung over my carseat riding around with music from Good...Bad...and Ugly blaring out of my 33 amp speakers causing hellfire and brimstone preachings to break out in all areas I cruise by.

The cur dog running alongside will be spared the 'baccy chew bath and even thrown some Jerky for sustinance during our "Hell Is Coming" quest.

Good folks fear not, bad folks fear the fire coming cause I will be OCing.:shock:

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That would befine, if sawed offs weren't illegal. So you now have a firearm called the Judge that uses 45colt rounds or 410 shotgun rounds, now thats fine,lol. Way shorter barrel, but legal, go figure. Maybe its because it's a smaller shotgun round.

TheMrMitch

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Who made it and how much did that run you if I may ask.

No problem Made in Italy by Pedresoli.....distributed by Cabela's....$599.99 for gun....extra for holster. Shoots whatever goes in the barrel......20 guage or .61 caliber. Called a Howdah. Weighs 4.41 pounds with 11 inch barrels.

Pic is with my possible bag and a Kukri knife.:celebrate

HowdahToday003.jpg