• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your best "is that a real gun" comment?

gollbladder13

imported post

We've all got them... The stories of somebody asking, "Is that a real gun?" or "Is that thing loaded?"

I haven't had too many people approach me about carrying, but my favorite was while I was working security and a kid (couldn't be more than 9 years old) tried to tell me my G22 looked like a water pistol!

What are you favorites?

protias

imported post

I've had a few ask me, "Is that a gun? Is it real?"

I was recently asked at Burger King this passed weekend by a gentleman working there if I had just come from shooting at the range (which Fletcher's is about a mile away), in which I replied I had. He then went back to doing some work.

pkbites

imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
I haven't had too many people approach me about carrying, but my favorite was while I was working security and a kid (couldn't be more than 9 years old) tried to tell me my G22 looked like a water pistol!

Don't get too pissed, but Wayyyyyy back in the 60's (before anyone knew what a Glock was) I had a water pistol that looked like the first generation Glocks do. Not sure what weapon it was supposed to be emulating. I remember it never pumped right, squirting water only about a foot away, if that.

For several years I carried a Ruger p89 as a duty weapon. I had more than one guy tell me I was a goner if I ever got into a fire fight. Funny. In 20k rounds on the range it never once failed.

I've had people walk by me and point at my Glock and say "JUNK, JUNK, JUNK". Again, neither of my Glocks have ever failed me.

For a very brief time I worked for a department that allowed me to carry a 1911 in condition one. I had a fellow point out my cocked & locked pistol and say "thank God you boys are ready to rock and roll!"

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Ha Ha, heres your sign.

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Woodchuck

imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
We've all got them... The stories of somebody asking, "Is that a real gun?" or "Is that thing loaded?"

I've only had a couple people ask me but I just proudly say, "Why yes it is, sure wouldn't do me any good if it wasn't, would it?" To which they've pretty much agreed with.

nevinsb

imported post

I had someone say "I got one just like it" to which I replied "Yeah, but this one is mine."

smithman

imported post

Not very creative ones, but I have heard:

"Are you a cop?"

"What's that?"

"Is it loaded?"

I've had one occurrence of each of the above but I haven't had any duplicates yet.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've heard...

"Are you a cop?"

"Is that real?"

"Why do you carry an airsoft gun around?"

"Better not make that guy mad."

"Po-lice!"

Points to my gun "What's with that?"

"Is that a .22?"

Prophet

imported post

Occasionally I get"is that real?"

A few responses I give are: "metaphyscially, are any of us 'real'?"

"wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't"

But my favorite is this: "It HAS to be real or else i'd be breaking the law"

I love the quizzical looks people give me on that last one. In Pittsburgh it is ILLEGAL to openly carry a fake gun.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Prophet wrote:
But my favorite is this: "It HAS to be real or else i'd be breaking the law"

I love the quizzical looks people give me on that last one. In Pittsburgh it is ILLEGAL to openly carry a fake gun.

That's a good one! I don't remember if it is in state law here in Wisconsin but I know I've seen municiple codes that outlaw "facsimile firearms".

I like your response.

Prophet

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:

That's a good one!  I don't remember if it is in state law here in Wisconsin but I know I've seen municiple codes that outlaw "facsimile firearms".

I like your response.

Thanks. If you say it as its the most natural thing in the world its like the jedi mind trick. The person will take a second, try to wrap their mind around it, and will end up nodding and saying something like "yeah...that makes sense".

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Prophet wrote:
Thanks. If you say it as its the most natural thing in the world its like the jedi mind trick. The person will take a second, try to wrap their mind around it, and will end up nodding and saying something like "yeah...that makes sense".

*makes hand motion*

"This isn't the gun you're looking for."

"You can go."

:lol::lol: