• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jay's anti-open carry.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

See page 121 here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/11799-121.html

I sent Ron Larrance, Manager of the Clare store an email about this policy. He is out until August 3rd but you can email Chad. If they get a few hundred emails on this policythat may help them change their minds.

Ron Larrance: rlarrance@jayssportinggoods.com

Chad Stearns: cstearns@jayssportinggoods.com

or you can call 989-386-3475

Sample email:

Dear Jay's Sporting Goods:

Because of your anti-open carry policy I will not be shopping in your stores. I try tofrequent stores that respect my rights and allow the lawful carry of a firearm. Most major corporations follow state law in regards to firearm carry in their stores.

Please reconsider your policy on open carry.

Sincerely,

XX

dreamer669

imported post

I oc there at Clare Jays last Thursday, and did not have any issues with anybody. Wentto crossbow counter with my crossbow in hand that I check in no issues, walked back out with crossbow and oc no problems, went back in to store to gun counter order a Rossi 50cal/243 with my son no issues, went to ammo counter no issues. Cut my finger on a plastic cover,employeewent and got me a band aide talked to me about a different barrel for myEncore muzzle loaderwhile I was standing there, no issues. Did read the sign before hand did not think it pertained to me, wasn'tgoing to ccor planning to reveal it out of the holster. But I will email the manager also because while they didn't question me they didstop a fellow ocer.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Here's mine.springerdave.
Dear Sir, Because of your anti-open carry policy, I will not be shopping in either of your stores. In the past I have purchased firearms and supplies at your Gaylord and Clare stores. I will re-think that practice. I tend to frequent retailers that respect my rights and allow the lawful carry of a firearm. Most corporations follow state law in regards to firearm carry in their stores. Please reconsider your policy on open carry. Sincerely,

ajelias

imported post

OC ok at Clare Jays I checked with the front desk folks They checked with back office and came back saying it is fine Must stay in holster If trying holsters youmust go out to your vehicle and unload and check back in at counter:celebrate

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

From http://www.migunowners.org

TheTrainingTeamCPL
I was at jays today and had a talk with a long standing employee.

He said that they welcome open carry as long as the same rules are followed for concealed. Such as it stays in the holster at all times. If you want to bring it in for repair or to try holsters out it must be brought in unloaded and checked at the front desk.

He said they have received a hundred or so emails about this and they are hopefully going to have an "official" policy out soon.

hope this helps some people out.

Keith

[/quote]