• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clackamas Oregon

Autonym

imported post

Had a nice time meeting some of you folks at Bomber's tonight.

Keep in touch, and keep up the good work...

GJBOregon

imported post

We had a great time last night and there was room for more. It was great to meet the guys in a wonderful setting with great food. In Oregon, with a CHL, we enjoy the same carrying privileges as the police according to state law. Buy showing ourselves to be a positive part of the community we can change the perception of gun owners being evil people. Good guys carry guns too.

Autonym

imported post

It went well, there were some good discussions and I think a lot of people within our group learned at least something new.

I personally feel our 'impact' towards the public was hampered by the fact we were isolated in a back-room and not easily visible to the other, non-carrying patrons in the restaurant.

There were a few discussions where voices were raised - not in anger, but just to be heard - and I think that may have also not gone over too well. "Guys with guns in the back are yelling" sort of deal :uhoh:. Thankfully, we toned it down after realizing how loud we were being - that back-room seemed to amplify our discussions somehow.

We had some better discussions outside in the parking lot where our voices weren't reflected back at us so much. Perhaps a BBQ or outside venue would be a better selection for next time - just a thought...

The place was nice, and the waitresses were pleasant and attentive. I got my money's worth in root beer, for sure. :)

Xader

imported post

Sorry I missed it.

There's just no way to get from The Dalles to Milwaukie in time after work. (Plus I'd much rather OC for this type of event and my holster shipped yesterday).

Did anyone from the media or law enforcement show? (Especially the latter, they need the education)

I'd very much be up for one of these in the future if I can get there in time...

Autonym

imported post

No Media, no LEO's. About 11 people total showed, including family members. We had lots of extra space.

Xader

imported post

Autonym wrote:
No Media, no LEO's.

That's unfortunate.

Perhaps for the next one, we can try to get the Oregon Firearms Federation involved. They may have contacts and training materials that could be helpful.

Also, was this event promoted at oregonconcealedcarry.com? There may be folks there who would be interested.

There is also an Oregon forum at usacarry.com