• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Speer Gold Dot 124gr +p

Magix

imported post

Hi,

Just have a general question about my defensive ammo. I bought a case of 9mm Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P ammo after reading many goodreviews. The ammo came in 250round boxes (loose, not 20/50 round boxes) and says "practice ammo".

I've read about the whole reclassified ammo issue due to hard primers, etc. However, I'm assuming the round is designed to behave the same as "regular" gold dot ammo.

So far I've put 250 rounds of this ammo through both my G19 and SP2022 without one problem or misfire. Therefore my question: Is this ammo good enough for my defensive carry load?

Thanks!