• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

COME AND GET THEM

8th ID

imported post

I've been on many 2a and pro-gun forums. So many times, I've read "Come and get them" in many posts. I know this is a touchy area, because I've heard that some LEO surf these forums.

In spite of the "Come And Get Them" statements, I've read about some instances where a LEO illegally detained a person and took their weapon. Most instances, the weapon was returned, but the weapon WAS taken. And does everyone remember Katrina and the weapon confiscations there?

I do not have a cite for this, but I've read reports that Blackwater was on the ground in New Orleans.

SO... don't the people whoput the "Come And Get Them" slogan in their posts realize that they are already taking weapons?

8th ID

imported post

I'm not advocating getting in a shoot out with a LEO. I hope I never have a shoot out with anyone.

The ones that sign their names with "Come and get them" are trying to fool themselves into believing that gun confiscation isn't already taking place.

chris in va

imported post

I highly suspect the people that brag about such things would fairly readily hand them over when the chips (CHiPs?) are down and the police AR-15's are pointed in their general direction.

zer0cool

imported post

Well not one person should have to make that decision. We as patriots should come together when/if they start their door to door confiscation campaign. So it is known that not just one but all of us agree to take a stand and say no "molon labe." For those that are willing to become a subject and not a citizen by just handing them (your firearms) over then don't sweat it you wont have to make such a decision because you've already made it. Also for those that want to bury them or hide them somewhere must remember that the second amendment was put in place so that when it comes time to hide them, it should be time to bring them out. I myself am not advocating shooting a police officer or a soldier, what I am saying is when (and god I hope it doesent) the time comes we all have to stand up and say no to a tyranical government. Besides all police officers, sheriff's deputies, and soldiers put their hand up before god and country and swore to uphold the constitution. If they decide to forget that oath and go against it they are no longer cops, deputies, or soldiers and they will most certainly not take my firearms. I'd rather be popping brews with my grandfather than down here not able to defend myself against criminals or a tyranical government.

Wow now that I'm done sounding like some right-wing nut or as DHS would put it "domestic terrorist" I'll get off my soap box, but sometimes people do mean molon labe, alot of our forefathers did. But I remember it in a different form, "Give me liberty or give me death!":celebrate

TheMrMitch

imported post

My guns ARE mine. I will NOT give them up. As long as I know I have done nothing wrong, they will NOT be surrendered.

I abide the law as close as I can and do not make rash statements. I wish peace to all except those who try to usurp my rights. I have no cause to worry......yet/

zer0cool

imported post

Well gutshot as with most of your posts I agree... mostly. You do know your history and I applaud that. But based on "the limb" statement you made you do have me worried. Maybe I care more about my freedom and country than most. Maybe I shouldnt post on something I feel so passionate about, I dont wish to have any violence at all. But if its violence or slavery to a tyranical government the choice is easy for me. If what you say is true and I'll be onthat limb by myself then maybe it seems that most have forgotten what the second amendment was designed for in the first place. That would probably mean several organizations that I care about may not stand for the things I thought they did.

:uhoh:Talk about depression.

zer0cool

imported post

gutshot wrote:
zer0cool wrote:
Well gutshot as with most of your posts I agree... mostly. You do know your history and I applaud that. But based on "the limb" statement you made you do have me worried. Maybe I care more about my freedom and country than most. Maybe I shouldnt post on something I feel so passionate about, I dont wish to have any violence at all. But if its violence or slavery to a tyranical government the choice is easy for me. If what you say is true and I'll be onthat limb by myself then maybe it seems that most have forgotten what the second amendment was designed for in the first place. That would probably mean several organizations that I care about may not stand for the things I thought they did.

:uhoh:Talk about depression.
Unfortunately, most of us would prefer life. When it comes to putting your life on the line I don't think you''ll have much company. A dead patriot can't exercise any rights or protect the rights of anyone else.
When you give up the tools to protect your rights you wont be protecting much of anything. And as far as exercising your rights well you wont have many if at all to exercise without the ability to protect them. Once they know you cant fight back you'll be behind the eight ball and under the thumb. It's do as I say or else, then like I said you wont be exercising any rights then because it's all about power and control. We all know the antis arent worried about "safety" or "humanitarianism" its all about power and the ability to control.

Either wayI'm going to do my best to make thismy last post on this subject, the only time I like to run in circleswith my blood pressure up is ona race track.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Come And Get Them.....

KRS 237.104
Governments shall not impair rights to weapons during time of emergency
(1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
(2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.
(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:
(a) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040;
(b) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law.
(c) Violating KRS 527.020;
(d) In possession of a stolen firearm;
(e) Using a firearm in the commission of a separate criminal offense; or
(f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.