• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No more Cabela's for me

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ALWAYS !! :D of course...I don't know what kind of a deal he will extend to you, I have know him for a few years, we also know the same people.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I didn't at the time. I decided to ask and see what they would say. Two employees said two different things. I do indeed like that Cabela's and the price on their guns seems fair, especially compared to Gander Mountain. I will certainly shop at Cabela's many more times in the future and I WILL open carry next time. :exclaim:

Gordo

imported post

I don't really have that problem with cabela's, I just order the stuff online. As for GM, well the one in Onalaska's gun dept. has a lot of work to do if they ever want my buisness again. The guys working back there don't seem to know much about guns and to be honest we not very helpfull any of the times I was in there.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The same thing happened to me at the Gander Mountain here in Kenosha. Every time I go there I always go look at the firearms. The people working in firearms either ignore the customers or just walk off to the back of the store to do "inventory" or some other such nonsense. I have been to this G.M. over two dozen times and not once has anyone in the firearms department even asked if I needed help. I stand at the handgun counter and they won't even look at us customers. I dress nicely, never had my firearm on during these times and what happens? Nothing. They leave as if it is break time. When I was there this past January I could not get anyone to even go to the firearms department. I found a young woman employee and asked her about Red Ryder B.B. guns. She got on her radio and asked the firearm department guys (who were all in the back) about the B.B. gun. She and I walked to the double doors that go to the back of the store and one of the guys she was on the radio with came to the door. She told him what I was looking for and he said he would go in the back and get one. It is just too hard to buy anything at G.M. They just don't care. I walk into Cabela's and I am surrounded by helpful employees who ask me if they can help with anything. It is worth me driving 124 miles to Cabela's for that kind of treatment (and better prices) than 0.6 mile to G.M and getting treated like a vagabond.