• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier in the news, and not in a good way.

N00blet45

imported post

Ok. Let's do it. I'll bring my loaded pistol in its holster and we'll see if you can get it out before I can. If you win you can shoot me with it. If I win I get to shoot you.

And now, back to reality.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Ok. Let's do it. I'll bring my loaded pistol in its holster and we'll see if you can get it out before I can. If you win you can shoot me with it. If I win I get to shoot you.

And now, back to reality.

Sounds like a plan. There's just one catch. It's not going to be planned. I'm not going to come at you from the front. You're not going to be expecting it. You're not going to be ready for it. Icould jump you on a dark streetand knock your ass out before you could even figure out how to open that flap. That's how it happens in the real world and it's how this guy got his gun jacked. That's why all the people around here with the ninja attitudes need to relax.

Dustin

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
That's how it happens in the real world and it's how this guy got his gun jacked.

Kinda.

Down some back alley, I'd have my hand on my piece.

Anyway a party is not an ideal situation to be OC.ing at in the first place nor is it worth comparing.

Could you imagine trying to maintain firearm retention if you were in the middle of this?

club_dancing.jpg

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
Could you imagine trying to maintain firearm retention if you were in the middle of this?

That was exactly my point. But don't tell Mr. "suicide holster." It's completely unpossible to get his gun.

N00blet45

imported post

Easy there killer. Who said it was unpossible? I just said I could get to it before you could and that you couldn't smash it to a million pieces. Now it's turned into some kind of stalking game.

How about we go back to reality?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Easy there killer. Who said it was unpossible? I just said I could get to it before you could and that you couldn't smash it to a million pieces. Now it's turned into some kind of stalking game.

It's always been about the bigger issue of retention. I suppose tongue-in-cheekexaggeration to make a point is lost on you. It's ok. Here's a cookie for your troubles.

cookie-bite-web.jpg

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Sure you could pull hard enough to get the pistol out of the holster by bypassing the retention flap. However you'd be so strong that you're tearing through tough plastic and nylon. If you're that strong you could tear my arms away from my body and wouldn't need a firearm in the first place. It's called a 'suicide-flap holster' for a reason, I have to practically commit suicide before you'll be able to get it away from me.

DSCF1145.jpg
That's a Bianchi UM-84. 'Same one I use (flap removed, thumb break added). You ain't tearin' that puppy w/o a chain saw.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Unpossible!! All legal gun owners are law-abiding citizens!!!

Its the crazy dad pointing my gun at me and screaming what the f%%% you doing with a gun I'm on parole and house arrest
doesn't quite sound like a legal gun owner to me...:cool:

Hey, you're alive!

No, I meant the guy that was getting yelled at and subsequently got arrested in the next incident.

thx997303

imported post

As far as retention goes, the situations you are putting forward could definitely happen, but just like the guy who went to the party essentially looking for trouble, these are situations that any intelligent person would avoid like the plague.

Wal mart is different than a club scene, unless of course you are there on the day after thanksgiving sale.

I'vr always maintained that anywhere you wouldn't go without a firearm, you shouldn't go. Firearm or no.

As far as this guy, if you are looking for trouble, you will eventually find it.

He did.

I wouldn't doubt he was trying to do his own little drug bust.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
See, there's a few issues here and acouple of myths busted...

Myth #1: all legal gun owners are law abiding citizens
I have never read anyone posting that in over three years of forum membership. You are exaggerating and fabricating information for the purposes of trying to "win" a argument and areattemping to make the rest of the forum membership feel stupid.

You have failed again.

Myth #2:it's unpossible for someone to grab your weapon from you when OCing

Reality: it's really not that hard at all, especially in a crowded area, retention holster be damned - if I really want it, I'll break that holster into a million pieces. Yea, I know YOU'RE superman, and it could never happen to you, I'm talkingabout everyone else.
:quirky
Firstly, unpossible is not a word in the English language. Please cease from using it repeatedly.

Second, you obviously have a lack of knowledge of the concept of retension and have completely failed to take into account the concept ofsituational awareness, which is paramount for anyone wishing to participate in the open carriage of firearms...

I have personally witnessed more than onepolice officer that did not know how to operatesimple retension holsters such as theBlackhawk Serpa. You are giving criminals too much credit and I think you are painting yourselfasthe mall ninja type you ridiculewhen you describe what you can do and what you would do.

I would love to see you try it on someone so I could get a good laugh out of it.

The biggest issue worth mentioning, is the mentality that all too many mall ninjas here have. I'm talking to you, the douche canoe with the handcuffs, and you,Mr. 18 backupweapons, 7 knives, and a portable jailcell - there's a bunch of you around here.
Such as whom? Why can't you ever provide any examples in your posts?That is a very broad brush you are using to describe many of the thousands that frequent this forum.
As was said, this guy was obviously looking to lay down his own law and ended up getting more than he bargained for. You want to lay down the law? Become a cop, they'll take anyone.
Again, something you know littleto nothingabout. I doubt you have any concept of the police recruitment process, nor the challenges and daily concerns of doing the job that officers do for their communities. Your stereotypes and broad generalizations are unhelpful, untrue, and are full of rhetoric.

You want to play tacticool ninja? Join the military, they'll take anyone too.
Again, you are obviously completely unknowledgable and have evidentlynot gone through that process. Our soldiers, airman, seaman, Marines, and Coast Guardsman that are risking themselves everyday to defend your liberty and ask nothing in return deserve better than your petty criticisms.

Aside from that, your gun is for self defense, nothing more.
Why limit yourself by choice?

Maybe that is the case for YOUR gun but this is not even close to true for many of the tens ofmillions of gun owners in this country and your personal mentality against any usage other than what you believe it is to be used foris tantamount to not understanding the Second Amendment, much less understand what liberty is...

How do you explain not being able to have a gunfortarget shooting, plinking, political reasons,competition, training, defending your family, home, property,friends, neighborhood, community, state, country,or just because you damn well feel like it?

I own and carry for those reasons and my personal defense it only the tip of the iceberg.

It's not there to prevent crime, enforce the law, make you feel cool/special/badass, impress the ladies, or make you superior to anyone else.
Statistically, millions use it every year to prevent crimes. Many use it to enforce the laws, particularly if they are employed to do so. Perhaps some ladies would be impressed, perhaps not. What's it to you?

You are correct about that last statement. As Sam Colt explained, guns are an equalizer.
If you feel the need to become a vigilantly when you strap on that pos Glock,
By your logic, defending your home that is being invaded would be vigilanty work. Additionally, the Glock Pistol is not a "POS" and further proves your complete lack of knowledge of the firearms in question. Mine have never failed and are very accurate. They eat everything, are durable, handle extreme weather conditions, and have earned my trust and the trust of millions of others in the world.

I would go as far to say thatI doubt you have much experience with them and are more concerned about what is consideredasthetically pleasing ratherthan functional or practical.

then do us all a favor and stay home, or, better yet, sell all your guns and start shooting roids with the rest of the jackasses atthe gym.
I think if we took a forum poll, you would realize that most of the forum membership wishes you would do exactly that. That would be in addition to taking a permanent absence from this forum.

That'll make you feel badass without allowing you to make us all look bad and get our rights further restricted.
After reading many of your posts, it is not difficult to come to a disturbingconclusion. If you had it your way, we all would have our rights infinitely restricted more than they are now.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Of all of the lol's I got out of your post, this one was by far the best...

Flintlock wrote:
Again, you are obviously completely unknowledgable and have evidentlynot gone through that process. Our soldiers, airman, seaman, Marines, and Coast Guardsman that are risking themselves everyday to defend your liberty and ask nothing in return deserve better than your petty criticisms.

Coast Guard I'll give you, they actually save lives. As far as self-sacrifice and doing the right thing goes, they're up there with firemen, in my book.

The rest... they haven't defended American liberty or freedom since WWII. They're just there to take freedom away from others andforce your neo-con agenda on the rest of the world.

Everything else you posted is either a strawman, blatant lie, or simply not worth addressing.

hp-hobo

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
The rest... they haven't defended American liberty or freedom since WWII. They're just there to take freedom away from others andforce your neo-con agenda on the rest of the world.

Everything else you posted is either a strawman, blatant lie, or simply not worth addressing.
Here, let me fix that for you...

AWDstylez wrote:
I'm an arrogant, ignorant, self important little prick that has no concept about most of which I speak. I live in my mother's basement playing an internet expert and keyboard commando. Sometimes I have leave the house to go to my part time job flipping burgers or else Moms will boot me out.
I have neither the maturity, the intelligence, the patriotism or the intestinal fortitude to get off my worthless ass, leave the basement and go do something useful with my life, much less become a cop, firefighter or commit myself tomy country by joining the military.
Basically I'm a worthless POS. There, I said it. But as long as I can hide behind my computer, I can pretend to be the smartest and biggest badass in the land like I do on this forum every day. You'll never stop me. It's "unpossible".
Yep, that's just about right.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

Here, let me fix that for you...

AWDstylez wrote:
I'm an arrogant, ignorant, self important little prick that has no concept about most of which I speak. I live in my mother's basement playing an internet expert and keyboard commando. Sometimes I have leave the house to go to my part time job flipping burgers or else Moms will boot me out.
I have neither the maturity, the intelligence, the patriotism or the intestinal fortitude to get off my worthless ass, leave the basement and go do something useful with my life, much less become a cop, firefighter or commit myself tomy country by joining the military.
Basically I'm a worthless POS. There, I said it. But as long as I can hide behind my computer, I can pretend to be the smartest and biggest badass in the land like I do on this forum every day. You'll never stop me. It's "unpossible".
Yep, that's just about right.

Whoa, man. Did you wake up on the wrong side today, hp-hobo? :uhoh:

You got ole AWDstylez real bad!
66.gif

Dustin

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

Stylez, are you trying to give advice about overseas business again when you've never been? :p

Seriously, as long as we are over there, it lets terrorist know that if they bomb a place in the US we'll be in their ass forever.

When's the last time we've had a terrorist attack here in the states? Why? B/c they are too busy ducking overseas.

WHile I do agree about the fighting for freedom part, we are indeed liberating cities in Iraq and Afghanistan. Happens everyday. Look at Fallujah, Ramadi, HIT the list goes on. People are living in those cities peacefully again b/c muslim extremist have been driven out. Of course you would have had to BEEN there to know that b/c you can bet your ass that CNN didn't report that.

We live in peace here bc when someone attacks us we lose our minds and invade countries.

Oh we'll, I sleep peacefully at night, every night. Anywhere else you would like to live and still feel that same security? :quirky

smoking357

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Coast Guard I'll give you, they actually save lives. As far as self-sacrifice and doing the right thing goes, they're up there with firemen, in my book.

The Coast Guard saves lives, but they completely destroy all the good they do with their thug drug raids, boardings of pleasure craft, intimidation, training high-powered rifles on boaters to facilitate boardings and destruction of vessels in doing searches. In the main, the Coast Guard is a scumball outfit with some true heroes carrying the reputation of the entire branch.

The other services haven't done a damn thing in Freedom's name since 1812.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
We live in peace here bc when someone attacks us we lose our minds and invade countries.
We do not live in peace. We are under attack, every day, from a domestic armed force that has declared war on the citizens.

Oh we'll, I sleep peacefully at night, every night. Anywhere else you would like to live and still feel that same security? :quirky
I'd almost rather live anywhere else. We're definitely in the bottom half of all countries. In America, you run the risk of the cops crashing into your house and removing you in the middle of the night from your bed for no reason, at all.

It's bad here.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

I don't have a Neo-con agenda. I support the fact that there are those that are willing to make sacrifices that many are not willing to make, such as yourself. I don't believe in any and allmilitary engagements because of the constitutionality of the matter and other political beliefs.

What you fail to realize is that thepeoplewho serve inthe military follow the commands and political motivesthat are issued to them by the civilians that you and everyone elsehas helpedelect into office. It is one thing to disagree with the those objectives and work to change the political figures that are making those decisions and it's another thing to hold the entire argument against those that are carrying out the orders that are given.

You can preach to the choir all you want about being against military engagements in Iraq, etc. but the political figures that you help elect have been funding that operation time and time again for over six years. The libertarians, the non-partisans, the constitutionalists, andmany moderates areoppose to some of the missionsthe military is given. I am one of them.

However,the Democrats oppose some of them justfor the sake of opposing the Republicans as many of them voted to authorize the use of force in the first place and, in turn, continue to fund the operations they oppose.

The military conducts warfare and intelligence gathering. They are funded by your represenatives, elected by you, and supported by you. Those are the people you should blame.

Flintlock

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
I'd almost rather live anywhere else.
Then why don't you?

We're definitely in the bottom half of all countries.
What statistical dataare you using for comparison?

In America, you run the risk of the cops crashing into your house and removing you in the middle of the night from your bed for no reason, at all.

It's bad here.

This is true, but is this not an issue with the civilian decision makers that approve and fund these agendas? After all, these are the agendas of many politicians we mistakenly elect time and time again...

That activity would not happen without the authoritarian pursuits of our so-called represenatives.

Edit: Spelling