• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

have a quition about ocing in pittsburgh pa

Farmer Troy

imported post

You are welcome Spencer.

Actually unlike some folks here, I thought your question had some merit, because if you have been following the news, Pittsburgh has enacted some new firearm rules, which is contrary to the Pennsylvania Constitution. The NRA contested these rules in court, and lost, so in reality, Pittsburgh does have some new rules on the books, but, they do not ban open carry (thank goodness).

iownagn-gs

imported post

spencer280 wrote:
thank you farmer I'm with you all the way . to many times other members on this sight talk down and and a lot of negative feed back and that is not what this sight is about . like i say, if you don't have something positive to add to this sight shut up. we are all supposed to be on the same side here.

++++++ for positive input. Occasionally, there is a member who has a need to instigate. IMO, he feeds on the responses. Ignore him, and he will go away. Too much time has been wasted here.

I' m new to this site, and I'd like to know what type and caliber of handguns some of you have. I've had a permit since 1981 and the first and only gun I bought was a S&W, 6 inch revolver 22 magnum. Last September, I decided to upgrade to a S&W M&P 360, 5 shot, 357 magnum with a 1 7/8 inch barrel. It was a good choice for personal protection. I bought a Blackhawk, Serpa with retention, paddle type holster. Very pleased as it is great for both OC and CC.

Thanks,

Walt:)

Farmer Troy

imported post

Welcome to the group Walt!!

I like revolvers myself.

I alternate between a Taurus .357 Magnum w/8 inch barrel and a Taurus snubby .38 (which is also a good concealed gun for those situations when you don't want to open carry).

I have a Fobus paddle holster for the Magnum and an Uncle Mike's Sidekick holster for the Snubby.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

I carry nothing less than an AR-15 at all times because you never know when a squad of ninjas will attack you in PA. It's a terribly crime ridden state where people are attacked every moment.

iownagn-gs

imported post

Farmer Troy wrote:
Welcome to the group Walt!!

I like revolvers myself.

I alternate between a Taurus .357 Magnum w/8 inch barrel and a Taurus snubby .38 (which is also a good concealed gun for those situations when you don't want to open carry).

I have a Fobus paddle holster for the Magnum and an Uncle Mike's Sidekick holster for the Snubby.

Thanks Mr. Farmer,

Those are two good choices. I have the task of finding my 24 year old daughter a decent handgun for protection. She is on the petite side at only 5'4". I'm thinking of a small 38 revolver or 380 semi?

Springfield45

imported post

Iownagn,

First, Welcome to OCDO! Second, I think you've gotten a little off topic on this thread, you will get a load more responses and suggestions for your daughter
if you were to begin a new thread about it. (just a suggestion).

If it was up to me, I'd let her try a few different models/calibers and let her decide
which is the most comfortable for her, and what she's most accurate with.

~~Springfield

iownagn-gs

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
I carry nothing less than an AR-15 at all times because you never know when a squad of ninjas will attack you in PA. It's a terribly crime ridden state where people are attacked every moment.
I understand where you are coming from, groups of bad guys can be a problem even here in the Burg. However, Mr. Duce, are you referring to carrying an assult rifle such as the Bushmaster AR-15?:?

Springfield45

imported post

iownagn-gs wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, groups of bad guys can be a problem even here in the Burg. However, Mr. Duce, are you referring to carrying an assult rifle such as the Bushmaster AR-15?:?
Walt,

When you say "the burg" are you referring to Harrisburg ? If so, we're almost neighbors. Shoot at any local clubs ?

~~Springfield

iownagn-gs

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
iownagn-gs wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:
Walt,

When you say "the burg" are you referring to Harrisburg ? If so, we're almost neighbors. Shoot at any local clubs ?

~~Springfield
Sorry, got a little lazy. No, I'm from Monroeville, I meant Pittsburgh. I've done some practice shoot at Anthony Arms in West Mifflin, and am thinking about joining the Monroeville-Pitcarin Sportsman's Club in my area. I found it "interesting" Mr. Duce carries an AR-15. I hope I'm wrong, but is that an assult rifle?:uhoh:

Springfield45

imported post

iownagn-gs wrote:
Springfield45 wrote:
iownagn-gs wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:
Walt,

~~Springfield
Sorry, got a little lazy. No, I'm from Monroeville, I meant Pittsburgh. I've done some practice shoot at Anthony Arms in West Mifflin, and am thinking about joining the Monroeville-Pitcarin Sportsman's Club in my area. I found it "interesting" Mr. Duce carries an AR-15. I hope I'm wrong, but is that an assult rifle?:uhoh:
Yes, an AR-15 is an assault rifle, and I do believe IL was being sarcastic ... hang around a while, he's actually alright... I can understand his sarcasm in, and I can
also understand his annoyance with this thread. Spence, next time just use the
search feature, alright bud ? If the search feature draws no results, then feel free
to post the question without fear of being bashed.... badly:lol:

~~Springfield

iownagn-gs

imported post

:cry:Springfield45 wrote:
iownagn-gs wrote:
Springfield45 wrote:
iownagn-gs wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, groups of bad guys can be a problem even here in the Burg. However, Mr. Duce, are you referring to carrying an assult rifle such as the Bushmaster AR-15?
Walt,

~~Springfield
Yes, an AR-15 is an assault rifle, and I do believe IL was being sarcastic ... hang around a while, he's actually alright... I can understand his sarcasm in, and I can
also understand his annoyance with this thread. Spence, next time just use the
search feature, alright bud ? If the search feature draws no results, then feel free
to post the question without fear of being bashed.... badly:lol:

~~Springfield
We all have good and bad days. I would be ignorant not to think all the members are good, decent people. My post was actually meant to be on the lite side. A little humor does all of us some good. I'm enjoying all the posts and comments:celebrate.

Thundar

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Bring it to Pittsburg Sept 24 and 25th.

Larry0071

imported post

An AR-15 is not an assault weapon, by letter of the law it is a sport rifle. An assault rifle is a fully automatic weapon.

This is a mistake that is repeated over and over in the various forms of media as criminal activity is being reported on.... often the term assault is thrown out at the sheep while refering to semi automatic sport rifles, this is done to keep the pot freshly stirred and simmering with fear.

Springfield45

imported post

Larry0071 wrote:
An AR-15 is not an assault weapon, by letter of the law it is a sport rifle. An assault rifle is a fully automatic weapon.

This is a mistake that is repeated over and over in the various forms of media as criminal activity is being reported on.... often the term assault is thrown out at the sheep while refering to semi automatic sport rifles, this is done to keep the pot freshly stirred and simmering with fear.
Larry,

Thank you for the correction.

~~Springfield

iownagn-gs

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
Larry0071 wrote:

Larry,

Thank you for the correction.

~~Springfield
++Likewise