• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Verification on Garden of the Gods "No Firearms" Sign

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Was just checking. The "No Firearms" sign at Garden of the Gods is not a legal sign and unenforceable, correct?

reefteach

imported post

Which sign is it?

The link that PikesPeakMtnManprovided gives some insight into the situation.

It appears that that (from my experience) that those who are involved, are willing to change the signage.

Flyer22

imported post

What entrance is it at? Back when the state changed the law, it took a while for the city and county to change their signs, because of budget restraints. But a couple years ago, they got a lot of them changed, and I thought that all the old signs were gone. I've noticed a few of the new signs say "No discharge of firearms."

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I haven't personally seen any of the signs yet, I just remember reading a long time ago in the Colorado forums about Garden of the Gods banning firearms before I moved here. I guess it's all good now.