• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Moulton

merpho

imported post

I'm moving to Moulton in September. In the meantime, I will be interviewing and looking for apartments in Moulton this Wed (7/29) through early next week. I have a Michigan CCW so I know I can carry concealed. I'll be checking with the Lawrence County sheriff to see about getting an Alabama CCW.

Question - Can I OC while in Alabama w/o an Alabama CCW or other permit?

Question - Are there any public ranges or shooting clubs near Moulton?

BTW, I'll be riding a motorcycle w/o any secure place to keep a handgun except in my holster on my hip.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Carrying unconcealed on foot or in a vehicle that isn't a 'vehicle' (one that requires registration) requires no permit. Carrying in a vehicle (concealed or unconcealed) or concealed off your property requires a permit (from AL or any state that is recognized by AL). My guess is carrying 'on' a motorcycle would be 'in' a vehicle for legal purposes. You should be fine with the MI permit.

I don't know about any shooting ranges in the area, I'm from southern AL!

imported post

I got my permit in Lawrence County (moulton), it took me about 3 minutes from the time I walked in to the time I walked out with my CC permit. Have no fears. That day the women at the desk was complaining about having to do like 7 CC's that day. Heh.

imported post

oh BTW they will ask for references of people who know you that live in lawrence county that are not relatives... I left that field blank. In fact I left most all of it blank.

Daddyo

imported post

USAInsuranceContractorsInc wrote:
oh BTW they will ask for references of people who know you that live in lawrence county that are not relatives... I left that field blank. In fact I left most all of it blank.

That's interesting. I've always had this nagging feeling that most of the CC permits and applications in AL were originally intended to be given to off-duty officers. The questions, rules, regulations and limits make more sense if you read it that way.

Victim Selection Error- a new novel by M. Todd Bayliss
Available at Amazon.com
http://www.mtoddbayliss.com