• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ACLU attack on Veterans!

XDFDE45

imported post

I hope this is the right place for this post. If not please feel free to move it to the right place. I saw this over on a watch forum that I hang out at and I just COULDN'T believe I read this.

"I recently received an email from an old Air Force buddy detailing the potential tragedy of the ACLU getting a WWI memorial torn down which has stood in the Mojave Desert since 1934!

A single person in Oregon, who has never visited the site, feels it is inappropriate that the memorial - in the shape of a cross - stands on government land.

A war memorial to honor the fallen in the shape of a cross on government land!?!?!?! Apparently a village in Oregon has not been keeping track of it's idiot!!!

Go to http://www.donttearmedown.com/ and sign the petition!

You'd think if there was any group on the face of the planet that should realize its wide range of unhindered freedoms came on the backs and the sacrifice of honorable men & women, you'd think it would be the ACLU...but we'd be wrong...yet again.

They have even ordered the cross be covered from view until the arguments conclude!!! Can you believe this crap?

Mojave-cross-photo11.jpg

Oh goodness, look...a war memorial to honor the dead in the shape of a cross...HOLY CRAP...get the bulldozers, we should level Arlington! We should call the French and tell them to pave over the Normandy American Cemetery! I should grab a group of friends and drive to Gettysburg tonight and start knocking over memorials immediately...they are on gov't land and sure to offend someone! ACLU *SSHOLES!

Maybe we should call the Commonwealth War Graves Commission and ask tem to tear down all their memorials as well...just in case some #%$*&%^ limp-wristed card-carrying asshole of a so-called American citizen goes on vacation in the UK, or Canada, or New Zealand, or Australia...and is offended by crosses over the bodies of the fallen!

[There is no amount of expletives that would sufficiently express my rage over this BS or my utter embarrassment for the message this sends my brothers & sisters in arms who are in harm's way right now!]

So veterans...once again you find that your service is never over.

The price of freedom today is an easy one to bear, but one which we cannot put off...a signature and an email.

Supreme Court arguments will begin on 7 October!!! Spread the word about this injustice and disgrace!!!

Tell your friends, family, co-workers, brothers & sisters in arms, and your government representatives that this agression against our nation's fallen must not stand!

Additional link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeuBB_mOFIA"

All I can say is please click on the link and sign the petition. I'm too mad right now to add any other comments which would probably get deleted and myself banned :cuss::cuss:.