• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our 2ND Amendment Rights and what they mean to you

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This is a pagethat all citizen's of the U.S. should visit and comment on.

Our wonderful 2ND Amendment, that allow's us all, to be able defend ourselves using firearms. Now that being said, I used ALL, meaning everyone.

"The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" the second amendment". But it is infringed upon, all the time, our people accept others as once a criminal always a criminal, I disagree with that stereotype. I believe, once a human always a human, when you do the time for your crime, that's it, your a human being again, nothing less. I defend everyone in some form or fashion, the Bible Say's not to hate, so don't use hate for a excuse to forbid someone of there rights. Once they go to jail, there rights are suspended, IN MY OPINION, Once a person gets out, THERE RIGHTS SHOULD BE RESTORED AGAIN, THAT'S ALSO MY OPINION, If there not OK for society, then let them stay in, otherwise they have the same right as you or I.

Now I'm going to hear it for sure, Bring on the drama, I've heard it a time or two.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:
"The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" the second amendment". But it is infringed upon, all the time, our people accept others as once a criminal always a criminal, I disagree with that stereotype. I believe, once a human always a human, when you do the time for your crime, that's it, your a human being again, nothing less. I defend everyone in some form or fashion, the Bible Say's not to hate, so don't use hate for a excuse to forbid someone of there rights. Once they go to jail, there rights are suspended, IN MY OPINION, Once a person gets out, THERE RIGHTS SHOULD BE RESTORED AGAIN, THAT'S ALSO MY OPINION, If there not OK for society, then let them stay in, otherwise they have the same right as you or I.

I hear what you're saying. I'm in agreement that RKBA should not be "infringed."

But don't you think that some violent criminals, who do their 2 or 3 or 5 or 7 years for, say raping and stabbing some woman.....that they should not be allowed to walk around legally with a gun when they get out?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

HankT wrote:
But don't you think that some violent criminals, who do their 2 or 3 or 5 or 7 years for, say raping and stabbing some woman.....that they should not be allowed to walk around legally with a gun when they get out?
I don't think HenriettaTG should be allowed to walk around legally with a gun and she is outed.

If a felon can be legally disarmed under color of law then we all may be disarmed merely by lowering the bar of felony as has been done in the case of domestic violence.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
If a felon can be legally disarmed under color of law then we all may be disarmed merely by lowering the bar of felony as has been done in the case of domestic violence.

Exactly,

Don't take it away without due process, specifically todisable the right.

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good point,Brass Magnet, we are all subject to having our rights taken away just by lowering that bar, we could all have our rights infringed upon.

HankT, I understand what your saying, those people are not ready for society in that short of a period, that's why they usually let them out and place restrictions on them for a period of time, like probation, or house arrest. I believe if you look at it the way you are, that's a really broad way at looking at the people in jail and the people who get out. I don't look at it quiet that way, what if a man smoked some stuff, got a felony drug charge and wassent to jail, when he gets out, shouldn't this person be allowed there rights back. My point I'm trying to make here guys is that they are handing out felonies like grocery bags at a grocery store. To me, it seems like a way to disarm society one law at a time, til we end up like Britain, with no gun rights at all. I guess in the 2ND amendment in alot of peoples opinion, people think there shoulda been a clause in there, guess people don't truly understand what "shall not be infringed" really means. I hear all the time, but, if, what about, come on now really, I don't remember reading that in our 2ND amendment right, do all of you remember reading anything further.