• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a humble response

protias

imported post

The only thing with having to identify yourself to officers is this, in the 1930s in Germany, a certain part of the population had to wear a certain article of clothing to identify themselves. By 1945, 6 million people disappeared. As you can see, I have a bit of a problem with being required to wear anything on me. Maybe criminals should have to wear ID badges, but then again, they don't follow the laws so why should law abiding citizens have to jump through more hoops?

McX, I by no means want to you to leave this site. It is just many of us enjoy our freedoms and don't think we should be forced to something extra to prove we have freedoms that are already given to us.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

McX,

Just spend some time reading the posts on this forum; specifically the ones talking about your rights. Search the internet for the videos that have been posted by Hugh, Citizen, annd others and watch them. Stop by flexyourrights.org and check that out. After you do all that you'll understand a lot more of what people around here are thinking and may have a better idea of what you would like too.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

McX, People are not railing on you personally, (or they shouldn't be) but our RKBA is a right that we are born with by being a citizen of the USA. That right is already being infringed upon from every direction imaginable. We do not want to need to ask the govt. for permission. We have already conceded to that in many too forms already. The doofus in the white house is trying to abolish our RKBA by signing treaties with other countries that do not allow private citizens to own firearms

Look at what we need to go through to purchase a gun these days. My typical ordeal is filling out the paperwork, the dealer making the mandated call toNICS to get approval, me getting delayed (usually about 10-12 business days)

It used to be that you could walk into a gun shop, fill ot some forms, pay your money, and walk out with your new long gun. a handgun had a 3 day wait, but it was 3 days only, no retarded NICS delays, nothing.

We cannot legally carry a firearm in our vehicle according to current case law, We cannot legally carry in several otherplaces, although criminals do so, break certain laws and never get charged with breaking those laws during a criminal act. But we as law abiding citizens will be made an example of if we happen to be within 1/4 mile of a school or need to take a squirt at a county park and use the "Government Building" on the grounds to do so.

Our founding fathers set up the guidelines for our government with our RKBA as a means to overthrow that same government if they become tyrannical. What was allowed to happen, is the fox was put in place to guard the henhouse. The government that we are supposed to keep in check, has turned against us and now tries to prohibit our only "check and balances" we have against them by limiting our gun ownership.

No more regulations. I would like to see a VT/AK system where you carry a firearm in any way you see fit without needing to jump through Govt. hoops and pay ees to exercise our rights.

WIG19

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
McX, People are not railing on you personally, (or they shouldn't be) but our RKBA is a right that we are born with by being a citizen of the USA. That right is already being infringed upon from every direction imaginable. We do not want to need to ask the govt. for permission. We have already conceded to that in many too forms already. The doofus in the white house is trying to abolish our RKBA by signing treaties with other countries that do not allow private citizens to own firearms

Look at what we need to go through to purchase a gun these days. My typical ordeal is filling out the paperwork, the dealer making the mandated call toNICS to get approval, me getting delayed (usually about 10-12 business days)

It used to be that you could walk into a gun shop, fill ot some forms, pay your money, and walk out with your new long gun. a handgun had a 3 day wait, but it was 3 days only, no retarded NICS delays, nothing.

We cannot legally carry a firearm in our vehicle according to current case law, We cannot legally carry in several otherplaces, although criminals do so, break certain laws and never get charged with breaking those laws during a criminal act. But we as law abiding citizens will be made an example of if we happen to be within 1/4 mile of a school or need to take a squirt at a county park and use the "Government Building" on the grounds to do so.

Our founding fathers set up the guidelines for our government with our RKBA as a means to overthrow that same government if they become tyrannical. What was allowed to happen, is the fox was put in place to guard the henhouse. The government that we are supposed to keep in check, has turned against us and now tries to prohibit our only "check and balances" we have against them by limiting our gun ownership.

No more regulations. I would like to see a VT/AK system where you carry a firearm in any way you see fit without needing to jump through Govt. hoops and pay ees to exercise our rights.

Although I recognize the inherent right of SD as a right of mankind (vs. citizenship) this is a very, very fine summary.

And +100 to your last paragraph. "If you can own it, you can carry it. Nothing to see here folks, move along." :)

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Our founding fathers set up the guidelines for our government with our RKBA as a means to overthrow that same government if they become tyrannical.
Whenever I hear this comment (which is very true) I am reminded that the RKBA isn't totally about ACTUALLY overthrowing a tyrannical government. If the rights we have remain intact and RKBA remains uninfringed, we'll NEVER need to overthrow the government.

Kinda like Open Carry. Because you open carry, you'll almost assuredly NEVER NEED to use your gun.

If all the good citizens of this country arm themselves as our founding fathers intended and make a POINT of exercising ALL their rights, and not sacrificing them away to the government, we'll never need to overthrow anything.

WIG19

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
If all the good citizens of this country arm themselves as our founding fathers intended and make a POINT of exercising ALL their rights, and not sacrificing them away to the government, we'll never need to overthrow anything.
As said in the movie, "...here endeth the lesson."

Well said.