Thread: I concede and am in agreement

McX

Post imported post

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    I concede,and am in agreement; I will change my ammo carrying policy to full capacity, with a full clip in reserve.

[ ... ]

I hold an NRA Distinguished Marksman- Handgun rating.
    Uh huh. "Clip" from an NRA marksman?

Beyond mere agreement understanding is needed. I was a NRA pistol instructor and left the NRA when I learned of its dishonesty. If you paid to learn more than LOADED, MUZZLE, TRIGGER & TARGET then you bought a pig in a poke.

But this is my admittedly harsh personal criticism and for which I do not apologize.

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

Good luck to u McX, hope u continue to OC out there, it's a dangerous world.

Post imported post

:P
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    I appologise for upsetting anyone, and will immediately withdraw from the forum.
    That's a rather extreme response to criticism. But there are other fora that may be as welcoming, like ar15.com, glocktalks.com and thehighroad.com.

I suggest that you are the only one 'upset' and too much so.

Centurion

Post imported post

I appologise for upsetting anyone, and will immediately withdraw from the forum.
    No need to be reactionary. Its the internet. Have thick skin and you'll be fine.

People here are just offering information to share. Do with it as you wish. You may consider some of the ideas raised and adopt them as your own, you may decide they aren't for you.

On last suggestion. Its extremely difficult for people to follow the conversation/thread when you start a new thread for topics that began in a different thread. As an example, anyone reading this thread would wonder "where did this all start"

To reduce clutter of threads, its best when you are speaking on a topic to reply to that topic by which the idea/conversation started.

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

What is your business?

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX

Post imported post

Post imported post

Protias: I went into the Basspro Shop in Springfield, Mo.a short time ago and asked fora magazine for a Ruger SR9. He handed me two Ruger catalogs. JG

Post imported post

JG wrote:
    Protias: I went into the Basspro Shop in Springfield, Mo.a short time ago and asked fora magazine for a Ruger SR9. He handed me two Ruger catalogs. JG
    I believe it. I once was in Rusk Guns in Madison (no longer in business) and wanted a magazine for my Ruger Mark I. Looking around the store, I saw no magazines, so I said to a guy behind the counter "Do you have magazines?" He said "No, but we have some books over there...." :quirky

P.s., they did have what I was looking for in a drawer behind the counter.

Um, come on people let's not be harsh on someone because they use "clip" and "magazine" interchangeably. It's not that big of a deal. We know what they mean. I don't chide people for using "stock" and "grip" interchangeably either. Loosen up a little. The English language evolves.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    JG wrote:
    I believe it. I once was in Rusk Guns in Madison (no longer in business) and wanted a magazine for my Ruger Mark I. Looking around the store, I saw no magazines, so I said to a guy behind the counter "Do you have magazines?" He said "No, but we have some books over there...." :quirky

P.s., they did have what I was looking for in a drawer behind the counter.

Um, come on people let's not be harsh on someone because they use "clip" and "magazine" interchangeably. It's not that big of a deal. We know what they mean. I don't chide people for using "stock" and "grip" interchangeably either. Loosen up a little. The English language evolves.
    I know what people mean, I'm just using more specific language and just poking fun at others. If we can't have fun, what's the point of everything?