• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I concede and am in agreement

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

McX wrote:
I concede,and am in agreement; I will change my ammo carrying policy to full capacity, with a full clip in reserve.

[ ... ]

I hold an NRA Distinguished Marksman- Handgun rating.
Uh huh. "Clip" from an NRA marksman?

Beyond mere agreement understanding is needed. I was a NRA pistol instructor and left the NRA when I learned of its dishonesty. If you paid to learn more than LOADED, MUZZLE, TRIGGER & TARGET then you bought a pig in a poke.

But this is my admittedly harsh personal criticism and for which I do not apologize.

protias

imported post

clips%20vs%20magazines.jpg

;) :p

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I appologise for upsetting anyone, and will immediately withdraw from the forum.

No need to be reactionary. Its the internet. Have thick skin and you'll be fine.

People here are just offering information to share. Do with it as you wish. You may consider some of the ideas raised and adopt them as your own, you may decide they aren't for you.

On last suggestion. Its extremely difficult for people to follow the conversation/thread when you start a new thread for topics that began in a different thread. As an example, anyone reading this thread would wonder "where did this all start"

To reduce clutter of threads, its best when you are speaking on a topic to reply to that topic by which the idea/conversation started.

JG

imported post

Protias: I went into the Basspro Shop in Springfield, Mo.a short time ago and asked fora magazine for a Ruger SR9. He handed me two Ruger catalogs. :lol:JG

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

JG wrote:
Protias: I went into the Basspro Shop in Springfield, Mo.a short time ago and asked fora magazine for a Ruger SR9. He handed me two Ruger catalogs. :lol:JG
I believe it. I once was in Rusk Guns in Madison (no longer in business) and wanted a magazine for my Ruger Mark I. Looking around the store, I saw no magazines, so I said to a guy behind the counter "Do you have magazines?" He said "No, but we have some books over there...." :quirky

P.s., they did have what I was looking for in a drawer behind the counter.

Um, come on people let's not be harsh on someone because they use "clip" and "magazine" interchangeably. It's not that big of a deal. We know what they mean. I don't chide people for using "stock" and "grip" interchangeably either. Loosen up a little. The English language evolves.

protias

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
JG wrote:
I believe it. I once was in Rusk Guns in Madison (no longer in business) and wanted a magazine for my Ruger Mark I. Looking around the store, I saw no magazines, so I said to a guy behind the counter "Do you have magazines?" He said "No, but we have some books over there...." :quirky

P.s., they did have what I was looking for in a drawer behind the counter.

Um, come on people let's not be harsh on someone because they use "clip" and "magazine" interchangeably. It's not that big of a deal. We know what they mean. I don't chide people for using "stock" and "grip" interchangeably either. Loosen up a little. The English language evolves.

I know what people mean, I'm just using more specific language and just poking fun at others. If we can't have fun, what's the point of everything? :(