• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BEST QUOTE OF 2008 : BRAVO FOR SHERIFF JUDD.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BEST QUOTE OF 2008...

BRAVO FOR SHERIFF JUDD.

Gotta admire the man for being honest...

Florida got it right. Bravo for Sheriff Judd.

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range.
Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

A state wide manhunt ensued

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun.

After he shot at them, SWAT team officers open fired and hit the guy 68 times.

Now here's the kicker:

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they shot him 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: 'Because that's all the ammunition we had.'

Talk about an all-time classic answer.

XDFDE45

imported post

:D:D

Very similar to what I read about an attempted suicide bombing in Israel some years ago. A security guard noticed someone acting odd near the entrance to a nightclub. When he decided to go talk to the man he tried to detonate the explosives.The security guard killed him after firingall his rounds from what I believe was a Beretta 92. When asked bya reporter why he shot the terrorist 16 times he replied "I only had one clip". :lol::lol:

ScottyT

imported post

People just don't realize that you keep shooting till he is down. With 6-10 cops you can easily get 68 rounds on target before he hits the ground.

People are so used to seeing movies and TV where the good guy shoot the bad guy ONCE, then the bad guy drops his gun and either dies right away or chats with the GG for a few minutes before dying...

They never see the guy cranked on PCP who takes 10 rounds of 9mm center mass and keeps fighting.

EDIT: 9 cops fired a total of 110 rounds with 68 hits.

RayBurton72

imported post

FogRider wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
EDIT: 9 cops fired a total of 110 rounds with 68 hits.
60% hit rate? I could just be an idiot, but that seems... low. Very low.

Actually, that is pretty high for LEO... Avg hit rate by street cops nationally in right at or under 30%...

It being a SWAT team involved could explain the higher hit rate...

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It is easy to criticize a hit rate when sitting at a desk, at home, staring at your monitor.

A bit different when hopped up on adrenaline. Easy to yank the trigger, hard to control the breathing, etc.

Just saying... One shouldn't malign another, until you have walked in their shoes.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is old news...

While it sounds like 'they're doin' it right,' they hold this policy for pretty much anyone and anything.

Fart in the wind and the same thing could happen to you.

This is the same department that had several guys with AR-15s pointed at me, screaming their heads off cursing and making threats that I should die, because I attended their gun buy-back with a sign saying that I'd pay more...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

ixtow wrote:
This is old news...

While it sounds like 'they're doin' it right,' they hold this policy for pretty much anyone and anything.

This is the same department that had several guys with AR-15s pointed at me, screaming their heads off cursing and making threats that I should die, because I attended their gun buy-back with a sign saying that I'd pay more...
...now that is funny....I would have loved to have seen that.

Did you get any good deals? LOL.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
ixtow wrote:
This is old news...

...now that is funny....I would have loved to have seen that.
There are pics somewhere here on the forum... Not very good, but something. about 8-9 months ago.

opusd2

imported post

It's good to know there are Sheriff's out there that are willing to say what they want and have it piss off the Lefties.

Real or not, I go to bed tonight feeling good.