Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bath Day's Festival-Lansing area, come on by

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I will be manning a Second Amendment March and MOC booth at the Bath Day’s Festival http://bathdaysfestival.com/. Check out the website. See the bath tub races and go to the beer tent. If you are in the Lansing area stop by and say hi. I could also use some help at the table, even if it’s just an hour or two. Fun for the whole family

Where: James Couzens Memorial Park
    Near Main St. and High St.
    When: July 31st-August 1st.
    Friday 2:00 pm -11:00 pm
    Saturday 8:00 am—11:00 pm.

Bath Police vs Bath Fire
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I can do it friday

Post imported post

I... WILL...be there. Can't say for sure what time right now, but I will get there as early as I can and make a day of it.

ETA.... Saturday around 10...I hope

Post imported post

Thanks guys, looking forward to the help and camaraderie.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

check this out

Post imported post

Wish I could be armed in Bath that day instead of unarmed in San Diego.

Post imported post

I am gonna try and do Friday!

If I am able and I will know by Thursday... I will bring a few of the packets that I didn't use at the OC class. People can read through them at the table... They include the stand your ground law the info in the pamphlet and the LEO info I also included the Wash Rinse Repeat. I may not be able to stay to 11:00 but I can help with the table.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I am gonna try and do Friday!

If I am able and I will know by Thursday... I will bring a few of the packets that I didn't use at the OC class. People can read through them at the table... They include the stand your ground law the info in the pamphlet and the LEO info I also included the Wash Rinse Repeat. I may not be able to stay to 11:00 but I can help with the table.
    Thanks, hope to see you then.

I doubt I will be there until 11:00PM, most of the people are at the beer tent by 6:00pm:celebrate, which is a couple of blocks from the park.

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I am thinking about coming out there on Saturday. Not sure about times and such but I could sit the table for a bit.

Not to hijack but I found this about Bath, never heard about it until now.

Bath School disaster

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, USA, on May 18, 1927, which killed 45 people and injured 58. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7–12 years of age) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest act of mass murder in a school in U.S. history. The perpetrator was school board member Andrew Kehoe, who was upset by a property tax that had been levied to fund the construction of the school building. He blamed the additional tax for financial hardships which led to foreclosure proceedings against his farm. These events apparently provoked Kehoe to plan his attack.

On the morning of May 18, Kehoe first killed his wife and then set his farm buildings on fire. As fire fighters arrived at the farm, an explosion devastated the north wing of the school building, killing many of the people inside. Kehoe used a detonator to ignite dynamite and hundreds of pounds of pyrotol which he had secretly planted inside the school over the course of many months. As rescuers started gathering at the school, Kehoe drove up, stopped, and detonated a bomb inside his shrapnel-filled vehicle, killing himself and the school superintendent, and killing and injuring several others. During the rescue efforts, searchers discovered an additional 500 pounds (230kg) of unexploded dynamite and pyrotol planted throughout the basement of the school's south wing.

Post imported post

That topic came up at the Owosso picnic. I think Fred Trost is a better claim to fame for Bath.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    That topic came up at the Owosso picnic. I think Fred Trost is a better claim to fame for Bath.
    I think everyone in Bath would disagree. We still have survivors alive in town. Some lost family and friends. The park has a Michigan Historical Marker and other monuments to the bombing. It still is the largest mass killing in Michigan, it was the largest in the nation until OK City bombing.

Post imported post

Let me rephrase, Fred Trost is a more pleasant way to think of Bath if you're not from the area.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Let me rephrase, Fred Trost is a more pleasant way to think of Bath if you're not from the area.
    Well, that's what I thought you meant, but wasn't sure.

Post imported post

ISMOID wrote:
    Bath School disaster

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, USA, on May 18, 1927, which killed 45 people and injured 58.
    I was in a book store the other day and saw a book about this. It was called "Bath Massacre: America's First School Bombing". I might buy it.

Post imported post

Don't think I can be of much help but I'm gonna try to come by Fri.

Post imported post

Leader wrote:
    Don't think I can be of much help but I'm gonna try to come by Fri.
    Even if you are no help, the more the merrier.

Post imported post

Well... As usually happens, the phone rang & I have work to do Fri. & Sat.

Thats the only reason I ever plan anything, so I'll get some work.

Post imported post

I am going to be there for sure! I will bring flyer's and info packets.

Brian what time would you need me to be there to help set up? And where is the best place to park as I will be riding in on the bike!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I will be there tomorrow to hang out for a few hours. I'll grab a t-shirt if you happen to have one in my size. I should be there around 2 or 3.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    I am going to be there for sure! I will bring flyer's and info packets.

Brian what time would you need me to be there to help set up? And where is the best place to park as I will be riding in on the bike!
    I will be setting up around 12:00-12:30. I don't need flyers or packets, save those for other events in your area. I should have enough. I'm worried that the SAM shirts won't be here in time. I hope they come Friday, they were mailed Monday from Montana.

Bike parking shouldn't be a problem. You can park at 5806 High St. it's about 250 feet from the Park.

From I-69 take exit 92 (Webster Rd./Bath) north, go 1.3 miles and you are there. The park is on the west side of Walnut St. across from the Bath middle school.

Post imported post

I will try and be there by 12:30 then! I will save the flyers and such!

If you get the shirts I would be interested in one!

Post imported post

Well I have 3 large boxeson my porch (UPS), so I'm assuming the shirts arrived. Yeah!

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Good times at the festival today! Picked up a nice shirt too.
    Except for the people that had to move because they didn't like us lol.

Post imported post

what nerve they had
    i didnt like there smoking so there they go

Post imported post

I enjoyed meeting everyone at the festival today! I too thought it was rather funny when the folks next to us packed up and moved! They really didn't seem to be having a good day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast