• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bath Day's Festival-Lansing area, come on by

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I will be manning a Second Amendment March and MOC booth at the Bath Day’s Festival http://bathdaysfestival.com/. Check out the website. See the bath tub races and go to the beer tent. If you are in the Lansing area stop by and say hi. I could also use some help at the table, even if it’s just an hour or two. Fun for the whole family

Where: James Couzens Memorial Park
Near Main St. and High St.
When: July 31[suP]st[/suP]-August 1st.
Friday 2:00 pm -11:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am—11:00 pm.

Bath Police vs Bath Fire

WARCHILD

imported post

I... WILL...be there. Can't say for sure what time right now, but I will get there as early as I can and make a day of it.

ETA.... Saturday around 10...I hope

autosurgeon

imported post

I am gonna try and do Friday!

If I am able and I will know by Thursday... I will bring a few of the packets that I didn't use at the OC class. People can read through them at the table... They include the stand your ground law the info in the pamphlet and the LEO info I also included the Wash Rinse Repeat. I may not be able to stay to 11:00 but I can help with the table.

Venator

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I am gonna try and do Friday!

If I am able and I will know by Thursday... I will bring a few of the packets that I didn't use at the OC class. People can read through them at the table... They include the stand your ground law the info in the pamphlet and the LEO info I also included the Wash Rinse Repeat. I may not be able to stay to 11:00 but I can help with the table.

Thanks, hope to see you then.

I doubt I will be there until 11:00PM, most of the people are at the beer tent by 6:00pm:celebrate, which is a couple of blocks from the park.

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

I am thinking about coming out there on Saturday. Not sure about times and such but I could sit the table for a bit.

Not to hijack but I found this about Bath, never heard about it until now.

Bath School disaster

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, USA, on May 18, 1927, which killed 45 people and injured 58. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7–12 years of age) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest act of mass murder in a school in U.S. history. The perpetrator was school board member Andrew Kehoe, who was upset by a property tax that had been levied to fund the construction of the school building. He blamed the additional tax for financial hardships which led to foreclosure proceedings against his farm. These events apparently provoked Kehoe to plan his attack.

On the morning of May 18, Kehoe first killed his wife and then set his farm buildings on fire. As fire fighters arrived at the farm, an explosion devastated the north wing of the school building, killing many of the people inside. Kehoe used a detonator to ignite dynamite and hundreds of pounds of pyrotol which he had secretly planted inside the school over the course of many months. As rescuers started gathering at the school, Kehoe drove up, stopped, and detonated a bomb inside his shrapnel-filled vehicle, killing himself and the school superintendent, and killing and injuring several others. During the rescue efforts, searchers discovered an additional 500 pounds (230kg) of unexploded dynamite and pyrotol planted throughout the basement of the school's south wing.

Venator

imported post

Michigander wrote:
That topic came up at the Owosso picnic. I think Fred Trost is a better claim to fame for Bath. ;)
I think everyone in Bath would disagree. We still have survivors alive in town. Some lost family and friends. The park has a Michigan Historical Marker and other monuments to the bombing. It still is the largest mass killing in Michigan, it was the largest in the nation until OK City bombing.

autosurgeon

imported post

I am going to be there for sure! I will bring flyer's and info packets.

Brian what time would you need me to be there to help set up? And where is the best place to park as I will be riding in on the bike!

Venator

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I am going to be there for sure! I will bring flyer's and info packets.

Brian what time would you need me to be there to help set up? And where is the best place to park as I will be riding in on the bike!

I will be setting up around 12:00-12:30. I don't need flyers or packets, save those for other events in your area. I should have enough. I'm worried that the SAM shirts won't be here in time. I hope they come Friday, they were mailed Monday from Montana.

Bike parking shouldn't be a problem. You can park at 5806 High St. it's about 250 feet from the Park.

From I-69 take exit 92 (Webster Rd./Bath) north, go 1.3 miles and you are there. The park is on the west side of Walnut St. across from the Bath middle school.