• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Victory!

dawei

imported post

SOURCE: http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...ry-to-open-carry-activists?cid=examiner-email

Kitsap County Commission hands victory to open carry activists…
July 28, 8:16 AM

The open carry movement in Washington State just won a big one, with Monday’s repeal of a county ordinance that banned the open carrying of handguns in county parks.
That ban had been enacted in 1971, years before the State Legislature passed a preemption law in 1983, (with amendments in 1985 and 1994) that nullified such ordinances and placed sole authority for firearms regulation in the hands of the state.
It might be interesting to look around the Evergreen State and find out when all of those municipal gun ban ordinances were adopted; you know the ones that Greg Nickels’ office has alluded to in its defense of his threatened – but so far not enacted – executive order banning legally-carried handguns on Seattle city property.
Apparently what prompted the commission to repeal the 1971 ban was a demonstration of sorts – a picnic actually, held at Waterfront Park – conducted by local members of a national movement called OpenCarry.org, which operates an Internet forum covering the “OC” movement.
County Commissioner Steve Bauer, demonstrating a bit of hoplophobia and possibly a case of outright social bigotry declared, “I think it’s bad policy on the part of the state.” According to the Kitsap Sun, he said that “if he took his grandchildren to a park and saw someone openly carrying a weapon, he would contact police and then get the children away from the park.”
Bauer is a former U.SW. Coast Guard Lt. Commander, former Bellevue city manager and has served as a finance director in Portland, OR. He holds a masters of public administration from the University of California at Berkeley and a B.A. in government from Columbia University in New York City.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

How do liberals ever make it in the military? Seriously, these Liberals want nothing to do with Liberty... they're all about control over every aspect of our lives... just try running a business in this State... they've just about ruined it for small businesses.

Congratulations on the victory guys... this is one small step for Liberty, one bigger step for OCDO and one great big poke in the eye of another idiot liberal.:lol:

kwiebe

imported post

Wow that Bauer guy is scary. Unfortunately, there are a lot more like him, it seems, in office everywhere. Clueless and completely out-of-touch with individual liberty and founding principles. But then you consider the sheeple who elect these types and all is explained.

Nevertheless it's still breathtaking. I don't know if I will ever become accustomed to it.

Steve Bauer Kitsap County Commissioner

jchen012

imported post

As a Coastie myself, I'm shocked that Bauer has such extreme phobia of civil rights... I am embarassed on behalf of the United States Armed Forces...

FMCDH

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
As a Coastie myself, I'm shocked that Bauer has such extreme phobia of civil rights... I am embarassed on behalf of the United States Armed Forces...
I'll second that brother. :)

O, and you embarrassed me with your spelling just then. ;) :p

jbone

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
He no longer representstheCoast Guard, henow represents"Berkeley"& "Columbia University".