Thread: Interesting idea for Pro-Open Carry businesses

Post imported post

I don't know if anyone has ever considered anything like this before... I was reading through a post by Malum Prohibitum, who wrote:

See now that is the spark of a great idea... Someone should develop a sticker with a cool logo of some sort which says "Open Carry Welcome Here" and provide it to businesses willing to post it on their door. GCO is fine, but we'd want something that would be recognized nation-wide... maybe with the opencarry.org address in smaller print at the bottom.

I bet there would be fewer robberies at those businesses compared to "No Guns Allowed" businesses!

TFred

Edited to fix the butchering this BB Software did to my original links.

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    I bet there would be fewer robberies at those businesses compared to "No Guns Allowed" businesses!

QFT

this is an awesome idea!

Banned

Post imported post

Rather than having resturants associate themselves with an often controvertial website, or even the practice of open carry, how about something more general and inviting to all gun owners? Like this...

Or maybe one of those black/white stickers that just says 2A.

Post imported post

Michigan Open Carry already has such a sticker. I can't find a link, but it has a drawn picture of a Sig looking handgun, and it says "lawful carry welcome, open carry welcome". A number of businesses have put them up, and passed out brochures.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I'm thinking it would be better to just say "Open Carry welcome here", without a picture of a gun.

Open carriers would know what it means, and anti-gunners who might literally faint at the thought of sitting down next to a gun, may very well not have a clue.

The purpose of this sticker would be to let open carriers know they are welcome, not necessarily to evangelize the masses. If they see a web site and look it up later, well then they can learn what they want to know.

JMHO

TFred

Post imported post

I like the verbiage: Lawful Carry Welcome Here...
    No guns, nothing else required except maybe that states code number...

Post imported post

Golden Corral seems to be quite gun friendly.

This is definitely a good idea.

Post imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
    That does succinctly combine both lawful concealed and open carry. Problem is each state has different numbers. If we're thinking national, we need a reference resource that is also national.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Gator5713 wrote:
    That does succinctly combine both lawful concealed and open carry. Problem is each state has different numbers. If we're thinking national, we need a reference resource that is also national.

TFred
    While a national reference would be great, each state has different versions of what is legal/lawful, so the reference would have to be the State code; at least until we manage to take our country back!

Post imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    Gator5713 wrote:

TFred
    While a national reference would be great, each state has different versions of what is legal/lawful, so the reference would have to be the State code; at least until we manage to take our country back!
    Well, no we just need a reference that covers all the states. There are several web sites which have such resources.

TFred

Post imported post

Something universal like this ??

Edit: Dino's Greek & Italian Restaurant in Burien, Washington has this sign on his front door.

Banned

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:

Edit: Dino's Greek & Italian Restaurant in Burien, Washington has this sign on his front door.

That's a good one. How many places actually have them up?

Banned

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Rather than having resturants associate themselves with an often controvertial website, or even the practice of open carry, how about something more general and inviting to all gun owners? Like this...

I really like that button and think it's make a great sticker/wall hanger in my waiting room/office area. Where did you find it?

This is what I currently have displayed (full size) on the wallbehind the service desk;

I've had one customer give me negative feedback about it since putting it up about two years ago. I told them (nicely) if they don't support my 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, I don't want their business anyway, and to have a nice day but did offer to explain why they're safer in a place with people who carry legally instead of a victim disarmament zone (posted no carry location). They stayed, we talked, and nowshe owns a Walther P22, is looking for something like my wife's S&W 64-3andis considering getting a CWP. Chalk up one for 2A activism.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:

That's a good one. How many places actually have them up?
    I have no idea.....

Banned

Post imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
    I really like that button and think it's make a great sticker/wall hanger in my waiting room/office area. Where did you find it?

Just did a google image search for "second amendment sticker." I didn't actually see what site it was from. Right click the picture, go to properties, and it should show the source site.

EDIT:

It's a button from cafepress...

http://images7.cafepress.com/product...x240_Front.jpg

Post imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
    I've had one customer give me negative feedback about it since putting it up about two years ago. I told them (nicely) if they don't support my 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, I don't want their business anyway, and to have a nice day but did offer to explain why they're safer in a place with people who carry legally instead of a victim disarmament zone (posted no carry location). They stayed, we talked, and nowshe owns a Walther P22, is looking for something like my wife's S&W 64-3andis considering getting a CWP.
    Excellent work. Great story about resolve and, especially, communication.

People who disagree can still communicate well and this proves it.

And people can have latent needs (e.g., self-defense capability) and not even know it. Until someone explains it to them...

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

Or maybe one of those black/white stickers that just says 2A.
    I'm ALL IN stylez!!! Any restaurant that is OK with me bringing in my AR and is willing to post it, is one that I will frequent regularly
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776