• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting idea for Pro-Open Carry businesses

TFred

imported post

I don't know if anyone has ever considered anything like this before... I was reading through a post by Malum Prohibitum, who wrote:

See now that is the spark of a great idea... Someone should develop a sticker with a cool logo of some sort which says "Open Carry Welcome Here" and provide it to businesses willing to post it on their door. GCO is fine, but we'd want something that would be recognized nation-wide... maybe with the opencarry.org address in smaller print at the bottom.

I bet there would be fewer robberies at those businesses compared to "No Guns Allowed" businesses!

TFred

Edited to fix the butchering this BB Software did to my original links.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Rather than having resturants associate themselves with an often controvertial website, or even the practice of open carry, how about something more general and inviting to all gun owners? Like this...

20325697v4_240x240_Front.jpg

Or maybe one of those black/white stickers that just says 2A.

Michigander

imported post

Michigan Open Carry already has such a sticker. I can't find a link, but it has a drawn picture of a Sig looking handgun, and it says "lawful carry welcome, open carry welcome". A number of businesses have put them up, and passed out brochures.

TFred

imported post

I'm thinking it would be better to just say "Open Carry welcome here", without a picture of a gun.

Open carriers would know what it means, and anti-gunners who might literally faint at the thought of sitting down next to a gun, may very well not have a clue.

The purpose of this sticker would be to let open carriers know they are welcome, not necessarily to evangelize the masses. If they see a web site and look it up later, well then they can learn what they want to know.

JMHO

TFred

TFred

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
I like the verbiage: Lawful Carry Welcome Here...
No guns, nothing else required except maybe that states code number...
That does succinctly combine both lawful concealed and open carry. Problem is each state has different numbers. If we're thinking national, we need a reference resource that is also national.

TFred

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:
That does succinctly combine both lawful concealed and open carry. Problem is each state has different numbers. If we're thinking national, we need a reference resource that is also national.

TFred
While a national reference would be great, each state has different versions of what is legal/lawful, so the reference would have to be the State code; at least until we manage to take our country back!

TFred

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
TFred wrote:
Gator5713 wrote:

TFred
While a national reference would be great, each state has different versions of what is legal/lawful, so the reference would have to be the State code; at least until we manage to take our country back!
Well, no we just need a reference that covers all the states. There are several web sites which have such resources.

TFred

hp-hobo

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Rather than having resturants associate themselves with an often controvertial website, or even the practice of open carry, how about something more general and inviting to all gun owners? Like this...

I really like that button and think it's make a great sticker/wall hanger in my waiting room/office area. Where did you find it?

This is what I currently have displayed (full size) on the wallbehind the service desk;

criminalsbeware-1.jpg

I've had one customer give me negative feedback about it since putting it up about two years ago. I told them (nicely) if they don't support my 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, I don't want their business anyway, and to have a nice day but did offer to explain why they're safer in a place with people who carry legally instead of a victim disarmament zone (posted no carry location). They stayed, we talked, and nowshe owns a Walther P22, is looking for something like my wife's S&W 64-3andis considering getting a CWP. Chalk up one for 2A activism.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
I really like that button and think it's make a great sticker/wall hanger in my waiting room/office area. Where did you find it?

Just did a google image search for "second amendment sticker." I didn't actually see what site it was from. Right click the picture, go to properties, and it should show the source site.

EDIT:

It's a button from cafepress...

http://images7.cafepress.com/product/20325697v4_240x240_Front.jpg

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:

I've had one customer give me negative feedback about it since putting it up about two years ago. I told them (nicely) if they don't support my 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, I don't want their business anyway, and to have a nice day but did offer to explain why they're safer in a place with people who carry legally instead of a victim disarmament zone (posted no carry location). They stayed, we talked, and nowshe owns a Walther P22, is looking for something like my wife's S&W 64-3andis considering getting a CWP.

Excellent work. Great story about resolve and, especially, communication.
41.gif

People who disagree can still communicate well and this proves it.

And people can have latent needs (e.g., self-defense capability) and not even know it. Until someone explains it to them...

Thundar

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

Or maybe one of those black/white stickers that just says 2A.
I'm ALL IN stylez!!! Any restaurant that is OK with me bringing in my AR and is willing to post it, is one that I will frequent regularly