• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally a "Why I carry a gun..." card!

rolexbenz190e

imported post

I just read like 5 pages of the thread about a "Why I carry a gun" card that we can have when someone asks us why... I noticed that the topic got ridiculously off topic lol. So I just took matters into my own hands. I made a card! It's a 3.5"x2" business card type. Includes good moral answers to why you carry (front and back). All you have to do is download the files and print one set, put that set back in the printer and then print the other set (so that it gets on the back as well). It is a double sided card. Then just cut them up and keep them with you. Documents dont have to be adjusted at all. Depending on your printer, you will have to put the paper in a certain way to print on both sides of the paper.

What the front looks like:
WhyDONE.jpg

What the back looks like:
WhyBACK.jpg

I take credit for making the card, I DONT take credit for any of the things said on the card (except for grammical things that doesnt even matter).

These documents are Microsoft Word documents, so people with different word processing programs might have difficulty.

Here are the files:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ujzze1je4gz/2aFRONT.docx

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgjdg0mgwzo/2aBACK.docx

These next files are in PDF format for those without Microsoft Office:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gmwdyqtkmgq/2aFRONT.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wnuyzzkz32z/2aBACK.pdf

Hope every one gets some education out of these! mind you they dont have every single detail due to the fact that every single detail wont fit on a business card.

Tewlbox

imported post

Very few thing reach out and grab my attention. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS!!!!!!! I want to thank you for taking the time to "put pen to paper" and help educate people. Keep up the good work! Well done, new friend! I will be proud to have these on hand.

Thanks!

rolexbenz190e

imported post

Tewlbox wrote:
Very few thing reach out and grab my attention. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS!!!!!!! I want to thank you for taking the time to "put pen to paper" and help educate people. Keep up the good work! Well done, new friend! I will be proud to have these on hand.

Thanks!
Thank you Tewlbox! One satisfied person such as your self makes the whole project worth while :) I hope everyone feels the way you do about it! Thanks again!

Sean

Signature-1.jpg

rolexbenz190e

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
rolexbenz190e wrote:
The txt should be visible from the images I posted of the front and back of the card in my first post. let me know if thats not working, so I can fix it.
My computer is blocked. No good.
Must be a firewall on your computer or something... I have no clue why it would do that otherwise :-(

NavyVA

imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
Would it just be easier if I gave you all the picture files instead and then you can just make your own business card template with them in your own word processors?

Actually, it's due to the format of the file (.docx) that people are having problems. They would either need Word 2007 or the 2007 Compatibility patch. If you save it and upload it as a 2003/.doc instead, people shouldn't have any problems. Thanks!

P.S. Nice work, by the way!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Or get OpenOffice (3.1 is the latest version) from OpenOffice.org and have a FREE Office Suite that reads and writes anything MS Office does.

I used "Writer" (OpenOffice's word processor component) to open the *.docx files posted above and they open fine.

If you want a serious office-type suite but don't want to further enrich M$ by purchasing MS Office, then look intoOpenOffice...it can open and save in MS Office file formats.

-- John D.

Mungo

imported post

Very well done and I agree with the intent behind the card as well as the words written on it!

However, as a precaution, I'd take it to an attorney before I began passing them out. If you were in a situation where you had to use your firearm, something explicitly written, as in the case of this card, could "possibly" be used by an overzealous prosecuting attorney with an agenda to establish intent and possibly premeditation.

I may be a bit overcautious, but then, that's why we carry isn't it?

Flyer22

imported post

Mungo wrote:
However, as a precaution, I'd take it to an attorney before I began passing them out. If you were in a situation where you had to use your firearm, something explicitly written, as in the case of this card, could "possibly" be used by an overzealous prosecuting attorney with an agenda to establish intent and possibly premeditation.
It depends on location. Where I live, such a scenario would never happen.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Thank you for your effforts. I just downloaded the Word format documents. I'll be printing some of them as soon as I can buy another ink cartridge and the proper card stock.

Which card stock did you use? (Brand & number)