• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally a "Why I carry a gun..." card!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Excellent work! I like the graphics on the front side. Very eye catching.

You should be able to get index card stock in 8.5x11 at an office supply store. You'll need a paper cutter to cut the cards out to size. You can get the Avery pre-perferated business card sheets as well, but it's a more expensive.

Ironbar

imported post

Very well done, but it's a shame that you didn't have someone proofread it to correct all the grammatical errors.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ironbar wrote:
Very well done, but it's a shame that you didn't have someone proofread it to correct all the grammatical errors.

Given that the overall population is somewhat grammatically deficient, I believe as long as the message is understood,a few grammatical errors won't be noticed. :)

As for some folks (the fervent anti-gunners) the text might as well be printed in Swahili. :banghead:

rolexbenz190e

imported post

I'm glad all of you are using this card :) I spent a lot of time on it, but the time spent is definitely worth the cause. Let me know how you like it :)

I'm having500 made at the print shop. Copied onto a disk and dropped off. They will be ready in a week. Thanks.

WOW thats a lot of cards! I think I might have to do the same now :)

havee

imported post

Just want to keep it professional looking. I think it will help the cause a bit. I used to make my own business cards and when I had a company make them for me I noticed a better call back with the cards. Maybe just me. 500 was the minimum they would make. I figure I can drop the at the local gun shops and ranges.It was a little on the pricey side but, most of the money went for first time set up fees. Either way you look at it if it helps the cause it's worth every penny.

noname762

imported post

rolexbenz190e wrote:
WheelGun wrote:
rolexbenz190e wrote:
The txt should be visible from the images I posted of the front and back of the card in my first post.  let me know if thats not working, so I can fix it.
My computer is blocked.  No good.
Must be a firewall on your computer or something... I have no clue why it would do that otherwise :-(

Perhaps he has a POS Hewlett Packard like I do.

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

havee wrote:
Just want to keep it professional looking. I think it will help the cause a bit. I used to make my own business cards and when I had a company make them for me I noticed a better call back with the cards. Maybe just me. 500 was the minimum they would make. I figure I can drop the at the local gun shops and ranges.It was a little on the pricey side but, most of the money went for first time set up fees. Either way you look at it if it helps the cause it's worth every penny.
Exactly, Great Job buddy

AirBear

imported post

Hi Rolex,

Was wondering if you were aware of any commercial operation that could print these in boxes of 500 such as they do for personal business cards?

Would love to purchase several hundred for my use.

Thanks,

Martin

jay75009

imported post

well i tried to bring a flash drive with the files to a print shop to have some cards made up.........

but STAPLES absolutely refuses to print them!..............

what is up with big chain stores being so lefty lol im going to copy-it.inc.

..........they are owned by a crazy guy with a 12 gauge in a wheelchair :-D haha

:monkey

Nebduckman

imported post

I love this. I am going to make some and give them out to some of o my CCW friends and non CCW friends. I cant wait to hear their comments. Thanks for the cards.