Thread: Travel OC

East of Aurora, Colorado, USA

Post imported post

So I'm going back to CO for a visit. I currently live in IN. Unfortunately I have to drive through IL and have to lock my pistol up. Don't plan on stopping anywhere in IL.

Anyway, Kansas does not honor the IN license ( which is dumb because we honor yours).

However, I have read that Kansas is an open carry state. I have also heard that Kansas does not have complete preemption and that localities can regulate OC. I don't plan on leaving the interstate except to fuel up.

Does anyone know of places where I should not stop?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Stanwood, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Unfortunately, I am not a Kansas resident, but it would be nice to put a sticky at the top of this forum with honest-to-goodness city code verified communities that ban open carry, with maybe links to the actual code that bans open carry.

I just stress the actual code because I know in Oregon there is a lot of misconceptions about where open carry is actually banned or not. Heck, even in Washington with a rock-solid preemption statute people still claim certain cities have open carry bans!

Sorry I couldn't really help you.

According to this unofficial source, Topeka and Wichita are prohibited, with a quote of the Wichita code:

Manhattan, Kansas, USA

Post imported post

The problem is that there's a huge amount of work set up going to every town in the state and finding out the status of their laws.

The best online resource I know of is available here, but it only covers a number of major cities and towns.