Thread: another Bham picnic

Post imported post

is there going to be another OC picnic in bham soon i missed the last one as my son was sick

Post imported post

I am up for it , depending on date. Maybe something closer to down town this time.

Post imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
    I am up for it , depending on date.** Maybe something closer to down town this time.
    what about that park on holly by the hatchery.. i was hopefully thinking a monday or tuesday as i have the days off and work nights

Post imported post

What about Boulevard Park on the water? Plenty of traffic for us to get our message across/some attention for our cause. And better yet, we're going to be able to show normal people that open carry is just fine and dandy...instead of just trying to get our point across to the couple of bums wandering around Marine Heritage Park.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Maritime Heritage park is right in the middle of town easy access by buses. Nice open area and there are BBQ pits. Yet the park isn't so huge like Boulevard. Plus it has Whatcom Falls creek running through it and views of the bay.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

skiingislife725 wrote:
    What about Boulevard Park on the water? Plenty of traffic for us to get our message across/some attention for our cause. And better yet, we're going to be able to show normal people that open carry is just fine and dandy...instead of just trying to get our point across to the couple of bums wandering around Marine Heritage Park.
    lets scare all the bums that way they do not ask for change or steal our food

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Maritime Heritage park is right in the middle of town easy access by buses. Nice open area and there are BBQ pits. Yet the park isn't so huge like Boulevard. Plus it has Whatcom Falls creek running through it and views of the bay.
    maritime is a very nice park. I never knew they had bbq pits. what exactly are we trying to prove to people that OC is legal i know that but is it the police that we are trying to teach them the state laws and our rights? i never understood that my wife asked me today

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

We have no need to "prove" anything. It is legal, and it is our right. We just have a picnic. Just so happens that some of those who attend like to openly carry their firearms.

We had no hassles the last picnic and most of those around us took brochures and talked about open carry. There are a lot more people who are into 2A than the media or politicians portray.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)